10

Chapter 10

/Luke\

"Here's your room." Paisley says as she next to the door, fidgeting nervously.

"Thank you." I say with a smirk causing her face to flush as she walks in and sits on my bed.

"So, is your pack from around here?" She asks as she lays back on the beds pillows.

"Kinda. It's a few states away." I say as I walk into a bathroom.

"Hmm." She hums.

I walk into the bathroom then shut the door to jump into the shower.

Tomorrow will be the only day I get with my mate before someone will try to take her. I wanted to make the most of today with her, but I couldn't help the gnawing feeling of anxiety that was present when I thought of never seeing her again.

I continue showering thinking of ways to prevent something that's been set in stone for a long time. I know that I'll stay with her and won't leave her side no matter what. I just need to make sure she's surrounded by people we can trust so that there's always someone watching her.

I get out of the shower sighing as I brush my teeth again. I throw on some grey sweats then start drying my hair while I walk out of the bathroom to see my mate sleeping on my bed.

I smile at her then put on a blue t-shirt before quickly walking out of the room to go to the Alpha's office.

"-know."

"Well anyways back on-. Hey baby come sit down." My mom says as she pats the seat next to her and I follow.

"Continue." I say and Alexandra clears her throat.

"It would be better if you all just read it for yourselves." She says handing the book to Mom as Dad reads over her shoulder.

"Once upon a time,"

Classic.

"The Mirror is a deep, dark endless pit of despair. It was attempted to be used to fight a giant war between vampire, witches, and any mythical creature."

'Sounds like a joke.' Sophia's voice says in my head and my eyes flicker to her, to see a smirk on her lips.

"The two men that attempted this died in the act. No one has ever seen The Mirror before, therefore what The Mirror brings is unknown."

More like lived to tell.

"There will be a war. One consisting of two packs, joining together in a desperate act to protect the ones they love."

"I'm assuming that's us, right?" Sophia asks and Mom nods waving her hand as if to dismiss her.

"The Moon Goddess herself has said that the war will be a bloody one filled with the worst things and people known to man."

"Fire, lighting, healing, nature, water, a Demon and a witch."

"Sounds like the Avatar." I say as Mom glares at me while Soph snickers.

"Sorry." I say sourly as she continues reading.

"There will be other allies. These things will win the war with the man nam-." She stops frowning looking at the book.

"What's wrong?" I ask and Alexandra stands up.

"What's wrong, is that someone tour out part of the book." She says as I sigh rubbing my temples.

"So that's all we know? It shouldn't be too hard finding the people, we have the majority of those powers here and Calub is at home." Dad says when someone walks in.

"Who's Calub?"

Everyone turns to face him as I keep my back to him facing the window when I catch something.

He smells really strongly of my mate.

I glare.

"It's one of our friends, he's a witch." Sophia says as Asher nods leaning against the wall glancing at me then turning away.

We stay in silence for a while until, surprise surprise, my sister breaks the ice with a loud clap.

"Okay, so what's our game plan?" She asks and Dad sighs running his hands down his face.

"Train, we don't know what to expect so we might as well continue preparing."

"Dad, we've been doing that for eighteen years. I don't want to train anymore! I want to do something." She exaggerates while I turn to her.

"He's right, we can't do anything but train. We don't even know what's coming. Not to mention we do still have to make a few calls to get Michael, Calub, Amy- you get the picture. We need to them over here so that we can get in sync with Colton and Alexandra's pack."

She sighs loudly at my statement then leans back in her chair.

"I guess you're right." She mumbles as I stand up.

"You should all get some rest, there's a big day ahead of us tomorrow." Colton says and I nod as does everyone else.

"I'm going to get Paisley, dinners ready."

Everyone files out of the office quietly as some pack members linger around smiling and waving.

I give a small wave back as we go down the stairs for dinner, Paisley already sitting at the table.

And that's how my night ended.

× × ×

Now the real fun begins. Muahahahaha * puts on devil horns *

Read.Comment.Vote.Follow.
♧ 1434everr ♧