3

FOUR YEARS AGO

Chapter 3

{Valerie}

"Soph, you look beautiful. Now get out there and have a good time." I laugh and she looks at herself in the mirror.

"Mom I haven't even been to a dance before. What if this isn't even something that you would wear?" She says and I give her the 'Are you kidding me?' look.

"That's why you have me! I've been to plenty of dances before. I mean, I did have a life before you and your dad." I laugh then get up and fix a stray strand of hair that was out of place.

"You look beautiful like I said, now go have fun." I smile while hugging her.

She smiles then kisses my cheek, grabs her phone, then walks out the door.

"Remember baby if one of them come at you crazy you remind them you're an Alpha's daughter and you bite it off!" I yell after her and within seconds she's back in the doorway with bright red cheeks.

"Mom there's people on this level." She whines embarrassed and I smirk crossing my arms.

Damn right I know that there's people on this floor.

"Maybe those boys will know I'm serious then." Sophia smiles then leaves the room as Greyson enters.

"Hey baby girl." He says as she passes by.

"Hey Daddy." Sophia calls and she leaves out of our sight.

"So is-?" Realization seems to dawn upon my beloved mate as he stands up straighter looking at the door our thirteen year old daughter just walked through.

"D-Did she just-?" I stop Greyson's question with a restrained smile and a nod as he nods slowly.

One, two, thre-.

"Sophia wait I think you forgot your sunscreen! You don't want to get burnt up!" Greyson yells and I start laughing as I hear Sophia sigh then laugh lightly.

I leave the room to catch up with them in the kitchen and lean against the wall watching them converse.

"So... you're going to that sprinkle...twinkle dance?" Greyson asks cautiously and I cover my mouth to keep from laughing.

"It's not a sprinkle twinkle dance dad." Sophia groans while facepalming and I double over with laughter.

Who the hell says sprinkle twinkle dance?

"Well here's the- oh my god Sophia what are you wearing?" Greyson asks in horror and I sober up to stand before my daughter with a confused expression standing next to Greyson.

I look down at Sophia who's blonde curly hair is natural and she's wearing the same black jeans, red layered v-neck short sleeve, with white flats.

"Babe there's nothing wrong." I say inspecting Sophia and Greyson looks at me like I've gone mad.

"She's wearing makeup." He stresses, causing both Sophia and I to gape at Greyson.

"Greyson there's nothing wrong with mascara. I think you'll live." I laugh and hold Greyson's hand in my own.

I don't know why makeup is like a dad's worst fear. I really just don't get it.

"Have fun baby girl." Greyson sighs and Sophia smiles.

"I love you Daddy." She says trying to cheer him up.

He quirks an eyebrow as she nudges her elbow against his with a weird face causing Greyson to laugh.

"Get out of here before I change my mind." Greyson says and Sophia starts walking to the front door when,

"On a second thought, why don't I have your brother go with you." Greyson smirks. Both Sophia and I's smiles fall.

"Mom, help me out." She says in a worried tone and I look at Greyson to see him looking at me with a pointed look.

"Soph he's not gonna change his mind, and Luke isn't that bad. They're scared of him-."

"-Because he's the next Alpha and no one wants to cross him because they think I'll kill them if they do anything wrong." Luke says while walking in the room cockily.

He so got his cockiness from Greyson.

"How was that dad?" Luke asked and Greyson smirks and giving him a high five.

"You did it just like I told you." Greyson says and Luke stands next to Sophia she stares at him with crossed arms.

"You've got to be kidding me." Sophia laughs and Luke looks at her with a raised brow as she pats his arm while she's hunched over with laughter.

"Oh Lukey you crack me up. Come on Miya and Riley are waiting for me." Sophia says grabbing Luke's hand and trying to pull him along.

"I think it's funny how you still think you're bigger than me baby sister." He says while putting an arm over her shoulder.

"I am almost as big as you! Last summer I was under your shoulder and now I'm just above it. Watch, I'm going to be taller than you when we're all grown."

"You wish." Luke says and that's the last I hear of it because they're out the door.

I sigh wondering where the time went. Thirteen.

Luke will be fourteen in a few days, he'll shift for the first time since he got that from Greyson.

"I'm so glad that we don't age for hundreds of years."

"Me too." Greyson says biting my shoulder softly and I sigh.

"You wanna go upstairs for a while?" Greyson asks with a smirk and I shrug.

"Why not?" I ask placing my hand in his as he takes me up the stairs.

I'll leave it to your imagination what we did.
° ° ° ° °
One more chapter to go until the present starts.

Read.Comment.Vote.Follow.
❤1434everr❤