VI

Narrator POV:

The day came to an end and Tsuna walked his new comrade home. "-but I can't understand why you don't want to become Decimo. You're so kind and saved my life!" "Thanks, but no thanks. I don't want to... So please don't mention it."

Even though Tsuna had a smile on his face his words held some unknown sorrow in them as if they held a deeper meaning. "If I may speak what's on my mind.." "Sure, and Gokudera-kun remember, you don't have to be so formal." The silvernette looked at the shorter male and continued where he left off. "..I don't think that your brother is suited to become boss and I will never follow anyone else but you!" Tsuna stopped walking and stared at Gokudera.

*sigh* 'I expected that much, but.. what do I do now...' "Please, don't think too hard of my brother he's just a bit... cocky and bad with words... How about we make a deal." At that, you could almost see puppy ears and a tail on the taller teen being all excited. "Anything for you Juudime!" The brunette mentally face-palmed at that. "I will rethink about my candidacy and you will at least try to befriend with my brother. 'kay?" Gokudera was quiet for some time before he gave in. *tsk* "If that's what you want, I'll try it." His response was rather settled. Just a loyal answer to a given task. But Tsuna was okay with it, Gokudera would at least try to be docile with his brother, and that was all he could ask for.

After a few more minutes they've reached the silvernettes flat. "Thank you for bringing me here, Juudime." "No. Gukudera-kun please remember that I'm not the Decimo candidate. Can't we just be friends?" "Will this really be enough?" The taller teen had mixed emotions on his face. One was being happy to find someone he could trust and call his friend and another one was disappointment that he couldn't be more useful to his lifesaver.

"Your friendship is more I could ever wish for, so yes this is enough and please call me Tsuna, not Juudime or anything else." "Yes, Tsuna-sama. Please call me Hayato as well." Hayato grinned, imaginary puppy ears plopping up, and Tsuna almost died laughing. "Very well. See you tomorrow then." As Tsuna left Hayato's flat his thoughts caught up to what had happened that day. 'To think that he would go for the kill. *sigh* What should I do next...'

Tsuna POV:

A few minutes later I arrived at my front gate. 'I should wait and see how things will sort out. I'll take action depending on the situation.-' I lifted my head and looked over my house. 'I mean I could also ask him what he thinks about this mess, but I doubt he would help me ... let alone without a white and fluffy reward for any given information. *sigh* My poor wallet.-' My eyes wandered off and I noticed that I was still at the front gate. 'I should really get going, I haven't even moved a centimetre, or I'll stand here all day." As I went inside, I could feel the presence of three people. One in the living room and two upstairs.

Narrator POV:

After school, Reborn and Ietsuna went directly home. No words were spoken, and a heavy atmosphere lingered in the air. To Reborn's dismay, Ietsuna didn't seem to understand the gravity of his action. Be it on how dangerous everything was or how he rejected Gokudera Hayato. The blond even had a displeased expression painted on his face, like a child who didn't get his candy. "What the hell is wrong with him? This behaviour is completely unjustified. He doesn't seem to grasp that he isn't the victim.'

When they arrived at their destination Ietsuna went to the kitchen to grab some snacks but Reborn was faster. He jumped up and dragged the taller one on his ear down to his size. The blonde could only wince in pain before his tutor spoke. "We will go upstairs. Now. We have a lot to talk about, and don't even think about any damn excuses." "But-" Reborn added more pressure on his student's ear. "No 'buts' or I might have to drag you like this up the stairs." Ietsuna reassured that he would go upstairs but cursed Reborn in his mind. "You should really stop with this endless swearing." The blonde flinched at his teachers' words. 'Whut the fuck? Is he an Esper or what?' "And what if I am?" Reborn gave a cheeky smile at Ietsuna and left the dumbfounded student behind.

As they left a mob of brown hair looked out of the doorframe. "I wonder what this was all about... Reborn-kun sounded quite serious." She held her chin with one of her hands thinking a few more moments about the ruckus just now, before Nana dismissed the thought and went back into the living room.

Upstairs things were ... tense. Ietsuna sat on the floor leaning on his bed frame while Reborn stood on the formers desk to compensate for the height difference and to assert more dominance. Not that he would lack any but that wasn't the point. Reborn was pissed. His eyes were shadowed by his fedora and his hand itched to grab Leon, a growing urge to kill- discipline his dear student of his.

Minutes went by with none of them saying a single word. But then broke the blacknette the silence, as he took a deep breath and began to explain the dying will bullets to Ietsuna. He thought this would rather catch the attention of the blond than another lecture. "-This results in life or death depending on whether you have a resolve to live for." "So, you're telling me that I would have died back then if I hadn't had this so-called resolve you're blabbering about? What kind of gibberish is that, huh?" Ietsuna questioned rather rudely while doing halfhearted air quotation marks with one hand.

A trick mark appeared on Reborn's forehead. 'Is he pissing me off on purpose or does he simply have a dying wish?' "You could have killed me!" "Well, obviously I didn't, and if I wanted you dead, you'd have been gone long ago." The shorter one tried his best to maintain his composure, but the stupidity and audacity of his student drove him furious. "If you plan on becoming the Vongola Decimo, Boss of the strongest and most famous Italian Mafia Famiglia you should work on your self-presentation and stop acting like a spoiled child." Reborn glanced from under his fedora directly at Ietsuna who shivered at the amount of killing intent slowly strangling him.

Right before things could go down the drain someone knocked on the door, successfully interfering in a murder case.