XII

Reborn POV:
'Impossible...' I gaped a little as I watched the younger boy before me. "Gyahahaha! I, Lambo-san, eight years old, finally found his target!-" I could only watch, as he grabbed two granates out of thin air and pulled their pins. "Take that!" I haven't had to avoid them thanks to his aiming skills, and the grenades exploded a few meters behind me, startled by the sudden eruption began dogs to bark and I had to hold a hand on my fedora before it could take off and eyed my opponent.

'Ridiculous... As if he's actually here in Japan..-' "Gyaaa! REBORN! How could you evade Lambo-sans assassination!" The short boy was about to throw a second salve and I let Leon transform into a badminton racket. I drew my arm back and hit the granates effortlessly up in the air.

"Hooo~ is there a firework nearby?" "Idiot! These were real explosions and not some stupid fireworks!" I turned and looked at the three new arrivals. "Hwa! It's the Oni-chan from earlier!" The smaller boy completely forgot about his mission and ran towards Tsuna and his friends.

I watched as the brunette patted the kid's black locks affectionately as if he had done this a thousand times before. "So.. he was the kid you were talking about?" My words came out more like a question rather than a statement. "Yeah, we met two days ago on my way home.-" Lambo clung to the older teen. "-He was stuck in a tree and couldn't get down.-" 'What is he, a cat?' I was dumbfounded but continued to listen to Tsuna's story. "-it was a really adorable sight. But obviously, I helped him nonetheless."

I eyed him for a few seconds unsure about the truth of his words, but I couldn't detect any lie. 'I just know he's hiding something, I can almost feel it under my fingertips.' "If you say so. Then, Lambo-" I directed my attention to the weaker link. "-What were you doing in that tree?" The cow kid let go of Tsuna and pointed his index finger at me before threatening me. "Bwahahaha obviously to plan your assassination!" 'Oh god! I fuking hate children.-' I couldn't resist the urge and facepalmed. '-What had I expected of this idiot cow anyway.'

Narrator POV:
Tsuna laid again a hand on Lambo's hair, successfully gaining the latter's attention. "Lambo-kun, you shouldn't go for another attempt. You could get hurt, and if Reborn were to use his real strength you wouldn't even last a second." Electric green eyes stared into sunset-coloured ones. "B-but if I don't eliminate him Lambo-san isn't allowed to go home.." His voice was filled with fear and he averted eye contact. "..My.. father... forbid me to e-ever come home again if Lambo-san is too weak to kill Reborn...-" His words began to fade as his tears rolled down his cheeks.

*tsk* "How could a father say such a thing to his own child? That's a suicide mission." The hot-headed bomber couldn't believe his ears. He was somehow reminded of his own story but not even his father had ever sent him to his own death... He only killed his mother...

"Don't worry Lambo-kun!-" The brunette wiped the younger's tears away and turned his head a bit to connect eye contact with him again. "-How about you stay with me and my family? My Mother wouldn't mind and my brother ... He won't be a problem. I promise he is a really nice guy if you come to know him." The three others scruffed at that. "Come on guys... He isn't that bad.. he just needs to improve his ways..." Tsuna tried to defend his brother but neither Hayato, Takeshi nor Reborn were buying it. "A-are yo-you really sure? Really really sure?" Lambo pulled at the brunette's shirt to get the taller one's attention. His tears were long forgotten and his emerald green eyes were filled with anticipation and happiness. "Yes, you can stay as long as you want!"

Reborn watched wordlessly as the situation unfolded, thinking about how Ietsuna would react to their new freeloader.

A few hours earlier, Ietsuna POV:
"Aah~ school is finally over! And now is the time for club activities! Which club was it today? Kendo? ..no that's Friday. Ah, now I remember today is volleyball!' I was about to go to the gym when I saw Reborn standing in my way. "What do you want? I have volleyball training." "Maybe you should practice your tone instead of some sports. But that wasn't the main reason for my arrival.-" I narrowed my eyes at that. 'I'm sure he's plotting something again.' *sight* "You should really stop thinking so bad of me.-" The blacknette shook his head a little which pissed even more off. 'Freaky mind-reading baby!' "I just intended to ask you how your guardian's recruitment process is working out. I mean you refused Gokudera Hayato as a perfect storm candidate and you missed the opportunity with Yamamoto Takeshi who would have been a nice fit as rain guardian. So, what's your plan?"

I scoffed a little as I heard their names. "Yeah? I don't think I made a mistake. They're weak and can't protect me. Moreover, I already have two or three in mind who could actually fit their position." Reborns eyes were shadowed by his fedora which made it almost impossible to figure out what he might be thinking. "Oh, really? And who are the lucky ones?" "Pff- As if I'd tell you -"

A smirk appeared on Reborns face and I understood he already knew everything and just intended to fuck me up. "Furuta Naoki from class 2-C, Takamoto Kyo from class 2-A, Mayeda Megumi from class 1-A and you were thinking about Mochida Kensuke from class 3-E. All in all not bad decisions but I can't help to think that they don't stand a chance against Tsunas guardians." "What do you mean? Dame-Tsuna declared he wouldn't candidate. So why would he have guardians?!" I tried my best to remain calm but this fucker wasn't done yet. "He~ haven't you noticed? All those, whom you had shunned, are now with your little brother. And right now he has more guardians than you have." The smirk on Reborn's face grew with every word while my frown deepened.

"Who cares! If they want to cling to that loser they have my blessing." "You should.-" I glared at the devil's spawn before me. "-Tsuna has a lot of potential, I just intended to warn you not to underestimate him." With these words said he turned around and left, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

'This little fucker thinks he knows us, but Dame-Tsuna would never rebel against me or go back on his word. He's far too loyal and too devoted to others, to betray them.... ... That's ..why he's a dame....'