XIV

Ietsuna POV:
'Why is the damn cow kid now living with us?' We, considering Dame-Tsuna and his friends, Reborn and that ..toddler, were sitting at the dinner table while Kaa-san cooked and Dame-Tsuna explained the idiot cow.

"-and that's why I suggested that he could live with us... Any questions?" I gaped a bit and then turned to the brat in question. "I'm not entirely sure whether you are really brave or just a fool, to think you could possibly win against this devil,-" I said while pointing with my thumb to the lunatic next to me. "-but If you need a hand to kill him I'll help you." At that, most of the others stared at me, as if I had grown another head. "What's your fukin' problem? Quit staring!" "Hahahaha~ you were right Tsuna. He actually approved of him." "As expected of Tsuna-sama!" Yamamoto had an idiotic grin plastered on his face while Gokudera was in his puppy mode.

I looked at my little brother, waiting for him to answer my unspoken question. "Well,... you see I had a feeling that you would accept him. That's all." Lambo who had been quiet for most of the time was now in his bratty mode. "Gyahaha, you'll be a great subordinate! If you follow Lambo-sans lead we might be able to-" "Subordinate? Hell no! I'm the Boss, so you'll have to follow me and my order!" "No! Lambo-san will be Boss!" "As if, I would take orders from a toddler like you are!!" The playful mood from before was slowly turning sour, as we continued to fight. "Nii-san, it's only a kids' play you don't have to be so persistent about this Boss-thing." "Lambo-san thinks so too. And I'm not a toddler! Lambo-san is already eight!"

"And? Why would I care about your options? I'm the boss and no one will take that from me!" Dame-Tsuna's attempt to help just annoyed me even more. "I would never listen to a good for nothing like you are!-" The curly ravenette now stood on his stool with a fork pointing at me. "W-what did you just call me?!" 'This imp is starting to piss me off.' "-You're an idiotic good for nothing. You should be more like Tsuna-nii!" *pff-* I almost laughed out loud. I stood up and my chair fell over. "What's so special about him anyway? Huh? All he ever does is to be perfect. The perfect son, the perfect student, the perfect saint who takes in all those who need help. It's disgusting."

The air around me was cold and the disappointing stares from those around me made it even worse. "How dare you to disrespect Tsuna-sama!" "Haha.. you're.. joking right?" The airheaded bomber had his dynamites out ready for a second round between us while the suicidal fucker tried not to jump into action. But all my attention was focused on the idiotic brunette in front of me. His bangs shadowed his eyes and I couldn't read his emotions but I could clearly tell how my words hit him.

I slammed my hands on the table unable to control my fuming rage. A moment passed and I eyed my brother one more time before I left.

Narrator POV:
As Nana returned from the kitchen she saw her eldest son with a distressed look in his eyes before he slammed his hands on the dinner table almost knocking off a few cups and glasses. It was somehow painful to witness. 'Ie-kun...?' But before she could do or say anything, the blond already dashed upstairs.

Silence lingered around as everyone was deep in thought about what just happened. Tsuna was the first to respond to his mother's unspoken question. His eyes were still half covered by his hair as he tried to think of the right words to explain what happened. "Nii-san... he just had a really long and stressful day, so.. don't worry." He smiled at Nana to reassure her but his smile didn't reach his usual glow.

The others around him slowly joined in, nodding slightly their heads. Lambo on the other hand was still angry at Ietsuna and puffed his cheeks as he sat back down. Nana watched the group before her, each had mixed emotions, some looked more hurt while others were disappointed or angry.

"To-ler-ate.." Lambo's curly locks shadowed his eyes as he tried his best not to cry but tears were already spilling from his eyes. Nana who heard his sobbing took a few napkins and tried to comfort the younger while on the other side of the table, a certain brunette slowly broke from his hurt state. He stood up, went to Lambo and his mom, and took a grape candy out of his jeans pockets. "Here, you like candy, right?" Glossy green eyes stared at the wrapped gem before him and then at the teen holding it. He carefully unwrapped the delicious treat. *sniff* "T-thanks..*munching* ..mh~ ..it tastes like .. GRAPES!"

Nana watched silently, her mixed emotions weighed heavily on her shoulders. Sure she loved her sons equally, but she couldn't help but worry about her eldest. His demeanour changed in the last few years drastically. His heart was once filled with love, but now? *sigh* 'Now that I think about it, not only Ie-kun had changed.... Tsu-kun did as well. Did something happen? Or is it just... puberty?' The oldest was once pure of heart and loved by those around him while the younger one was always a little shy and clung to his brother. And now... Ie-kun morphed into a troublemaker with each if his steps taken to gain attention.. as if he had to earn the love and attention, while Tsu-kun on the other hand got calm and observant still loving and caring but also cold and distant, it's scary from time to time.

"Tsu-kun.. would you please act as a middleman between Lambo-kun and your brother? If possible, I would like to avoid unnecessary arguments." The brunette in question shifted his focus to his mother. Her eyes held a necessity that left Tsuna no choice but to agree.

In the meantime, the feelings, of the others cooled down. Well, Reborn was still irritated and his beady black eyes were half covered by his fedora. 'I don't like this situation. Just what happened between them that one minor inconvenience escalated to such a mess.'

At the same time, Ietsuna managed to get to his room the stress, tension and fatigue of today reached their zenith. His movements became more and more sluggish and when his door closed behind him he also fell to the ground. His consciousness clouded up and only seconds later he passed out.