XX

Narrator POV:

In Namimori is June always a special Month, not only because of the upcoming school festival but also because of the long-lived tradition of the sports club tournament. Each sports club fights in a tournament for fame and honour against other schools' sports clubs. Those who win the most combats are granted an additional club budget and the title of the best club in town.

"The day has finally arrived! Let's begin with our student council meeting! Today's hot topic is the upcoming school festival along with the sports club tournament!"

The Chairman, Ichiro Suzuki, stood at the blackboard, scribbling down a grit for the later discussion. As he finished he turned around taking in the sight before him. Additionally to the normal student council members were two to three representatives and their captains from each of the ten sports of clubs present and seated around multiple desks, all of them were fired up.

"Okay, I know that most of you want to know more about the tournament but we should start small and build up on it. Therefore we-" Mourns and scoffs filled the room and the Chairman stumbled with the amount of complaints. "Eh- Guys.. please could you quiet down a bit .. um-" The anthracite haired spoke up to ease the mood but no one heard him out as a new voice spoke up. "All of you will shut your mouths or I'll bite you all to death.-" His velvet voice was as sharp as obsidian and the crowd listened immediately, fearing whether they'd see their families again. "-Crowding is already enough don't test my patience."

The ravenette's finger itched to his Tonfa as a hand landed on his shoulder. "Uoo! Hibari! Don't be so extremely stingy, they are just anticipating the tournament. No harm done!" To the black-haired's misery stood the Boxing club captain Sasagawa Ryohei next to him. What annoyed Hibari the most wasn't that he was touched without consent but the boxer's loud voice could easily result in permanent hearing problems. "Hm.. Sasagawa. You're this year's Representant for team B, right? Then I'll leave the responsibility to you." Without waiting for the whitenette's answer Hibari opened the window behind him and jumped out of it leaving everything in Sasagawas hands. The older teen brushed the situation just off and laughed a bit while the other's sweat dropped at their interactions.

Ichiro brushed his hair with his fingers and a sigh escaped from his lips. "Sasagawa-senpai, if you wouldn't mind, could you help me with today's meeting?" "Absolutely!" The teen in question walked up to the front and slammed his hands on the desk. "Our slogan will be ultimate will to win!! Unless we win, everything else is meaningless! First the school festival.-" The student council members held their hands protective over their ears to ease the volume of the boxer's voice, without much success though. In comparison, the Sports clubs that frequently interact with the boxing club were already used to his loud organ. "As you can see I prepare a grit for ideas of what we could do. Please sort your suggestions depending on whether it's for everyone, class-specific or for food stand and activities."

To the chairman's surprise was easier to handle the crowd before him with Sasagawa on his side. "So-so! And at the end comes the pole-knocking competition. All classes will be divided according to which which letter you belong to. It's been a tradition that the team representative is the leader of the pole-knocking team which means I should be doing it but I will resign!!-" Mourns and gasps resounded around the room. "-Rather than being the Leader, I want to battle as a soldier!!-" The crowd fell silent and a few moments passed before they simultaneously sweatdropped. "-But there is nothing to worry about I've thought of someone else who is better than me to be the leader." That caught the audience's attention. 'Eeh? Is there a guy that's better than Sasagawa as a leader?!' The Boxer took a deep breath and the students watched with a bated breath as he announced his decision.

"My choice fell on Sawada Tsunayoshi from class 2-B!" That was the last straw on the camel's back and the riot began. "Are you sure?" "Isn't that Dame-Tsuna?" "I think you mean Ietsuna, right?" Each comment caused the older teen to furrow his brows more. "There is no mistake! I'm extremely sure about my selection!" Many voices spoke up, unsure with Sasagawas judgment but the determined expression on his face was enough to shut them up.

The room fell into an awkward and deep silence and no one dared to speak up fearing they could further anger the boxer. The chairman who witnessed whatever just happened stared back and forth between the whitenette and the students before he spoke up. ".. So, how about we change the topic and start all over... yeah.. ehm... the Sports Club Tournament for example. As you all know will each club fight in their respective sport against different schools around the district and the club that wins the most combats wins not only the title as the school's best club but also in the whole city! Furthermore, we will grant the winner an additional club budget.-"

The mood was still major influenced by the former declaration but dismissed the thought as they heard what they actually came for. "-we could start with the team lineup of each attending club. Let's see how about the Soccer club starts?" Now were all ears perked up. The lineup discussion was the best way to calculate their winning chances. At the mentioned table were glances exchanged before an athletic teen stood up. His ego almost drooled on the floor as his lips formed a boring speech about how the soccer team will be this year's champion because of their ace, even if the associated name raises questions for some. ".. Y'all won't be a match for our silver bullet because Ietsuna will kick you're all asses!" "Ietsuna? Don't make me laugh!-" This was the Volleyball team. "-Obviously he will fight for our team!"

The chairman sighted as he saw how a new heated discussion began to spread. One after another more clubs spoke up claiming that the blond would fight for their respective team. Just that this would be impossible because each student can only participate in up to three clubs at a time due to overlapping competition days.

The discussion became more heated and Sasagawa had enough of these children's games. 'I don't know what game he's playing but I don't like him.' His eyes narrowed and he scanned through the clubs before him as his eyes caught hazelnut brown ones. From what he observed had the ravenette the same train of thoughts that he had and a small smile appeared on his face.

'Maybe there are still one or two that Ietsuna hasn't got wrapped around his finger yet.'