XIII

Narrator POV:
"Ara~ Ara~ Tsu-kun! Who is this adorable young boy?" Tsuna and his friends had brought Lambo with them to introduce him to Nana and his new home. "His name is Lambo Bovino.-" The brunette said as he patted the younger's head. "I know it's a bit sudden but could he stay with us? His family circumstances are ... tough at the moment." "No problem! The more the merrier." Nana gave a heartwarming smile at Lambo who was slightly hiding behind Tsuna. 'Wohaaa~ she looks so nice.'

The anticipation from before morphed into joy and the ravenette gathered enough courage to move away from Tsuna. He slowly but surely closed the distance between him and Nana. "A-are you really sure Lambo-san is not a burden to you? In Lambo-sans family... no in my family the was no place that I could call... home..... So are you really really one hundred per cent sure I'm not a bother to you?" At this point were tears all over Lambo's face.

Nana watched Lambo for a few seconds debating with herself how to answer this brocken soul's call before she kneeled down and hugged Lambo. "You really don't have to worry. I'll be here for you and I'll repeat it as often as you need to hear that you are welcomed in this family." Her soft and comforting words filled the blacknettes heart. "T-thank y-yo-you... M-misses Sawada...-" Lambo's muffled voice was not more than a whisper but the most others in the room heard him nonetheless. Nana pulled back a little not enough to break their embrace but as much as necessary to let her look into his teary eyes. "It's okay, you don't have to thank me. It's only natural and please call me maman, no formalities needed." Lambo's eyes widened for a moment fearing he could have said something wrong but as he listened to Nana's words all his worries washed away, leaving him all smiling. "Thank you, Maman!"

Ietsuna POV:
My annoyance level rose quite a bit after my encounter with this spartan tutor. I went to the gym, still thinking about what Reborn said. 'As much as I hate to say that but he is right .. I have to accelerate the recruitment process..' I lifted my eyes after a few more meters and spotted Takamoto-kun from my parallel class. 'That's my chance!' "Oi, Takamoto-kun! Wait for me." I called out for the taller teen and he stopped for me. As I caught up to him I noticed our height difference again. 'Man, is he still growing or what?! He's now at least a head taller than me. What the hell is he eating to grow this fast?!'

"Oh, it's Sawada-chan. Whassup?" He tilted his head a little and a few strands of his peach blonde hair fell into his face. "Can we talk after the volleyball training? I have like big news and maybe you could help me with something." He hummed in response before his slow and deep voice took over. "Sure. But if you want to declare your love to me I have to pass, I don't like you in this way I'm sorry." He bowed his head a bit and I felt my cheeks burning. "NO! Are you dumb?! Quit joking and we need to go, training is about to start." We turned and sprinted to the gym.

ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ   time skip   U'⁠꓃⁠ ⁠'U

"Well, what did you want to talk about?" We were now sitting on a bench behind the gym and I kept staring into the sky, trying to sort my words. "What if I told you that I'm a soon-to-be Mafia Don and I want you to be one of my guardians." I watched Takamoto-kun as my words reached him. "Mafia? Guardian? Are you a Yakuza?" "No.., not Japanese, it's an Italian Mafia family. To be honest, my somewhat grandpa formed a Mafia and now I'm the last one in line to take over the business. And every successor needs people who swear to protect him and these are called guardians... and I want you to be one of them." He looked into my eyes to search for any lie but couldn't find any and hummed again in response. "Sounds cool, I'll help you." "Really?? That's so great! Thanks, man!" I couldn't stop grinning. 'I did it. I have my first guardian. Suck this Reborn!"

After that, we continued to talk about everything and I invited him over for tomorrow so we could talk more. We bid each other farewell and I walked back home. As soon as I stepped inside I already regretted opening the door. A purple bazooka flew my way and the next thing I saw was all dark and bloody.

Around me were dead corpses littered around and It smelled horrible. "What the fuck ..is this... place?" My voice was a mere whisper and the more I breathed the more smoke of the flaming buildings around me filled my lungs and hurt my throat. I began to move a bit, feeling the urge to move on and to search .. for something? No, -someone. But who? My legs were stinging from all the running but I hadn't found a living person yet -only death. My thoughts were interrupted as I heard loud noises on my left side. The noises were getting louder and louder and I hid myself in-between some wall fragments.

My heart beat so loud and hard that I feared that whoever came this way could hear me. Then the noises stopped. 'Wh-what is happening?!' I was about to crawl out of my hiding spot when an object went flying through a building. The object in question stood up from the debris, revealing to be a human, staggering but standing with pistols in both hands. I studied the person, and he felt somehow ... familiar. Tall and lean in figure with black hair and curly sideburns... But before I could watch any more I blinked and saw my house again.

I sat on the floor and looked around me. No corpses, flaming buildings, nothing at all. The air smelled like cherry blossoms and I couldn't stop thinking about what I saw.. 'What the actual fuck?' As I looked around me I saw a purple bazooka next to me but before I could touch it a voice spoke up. "Aaa! That's Lambo-sans!" A kid with.. horns? And a cow-printed t-shirt came running and took the bazooka.   

I could only stare as he inspected the weapon in his hands. "Huwa!! It's broken!" True to his words was on one of the sides a huge gab. Tsuna and Reborn were now also coming outside and saw me sitting on the floor. "Are you okay Nii-san? Were you .. hit?" He was really worried for me and his eyes held a subtle orange glow. I shook my head a little. "No?... but.. I must have hit my head..." I lifted my hand to my head and noticed a small bump on the back of my head.