- 5 -

Bootcamp was a nightmare. Not to mention the added secrecy surrounding Sector Seven. Because of that, it was a modified bootcamp where Kaede was expected to show up on time, being sent home after a long day of training. Despite it all, Kaede refused to let it get him down, working hard, exercising, and learning the proper combat skills to survive any incursion with the Decepticons, a side that Kaede still had yet to encounter firsthand.

"So you joined the military, is what I'm hearing," Charlie says, Kaede standing awkwardly in the empty garage. Kaede rubs the back of his neck with an apologetic look on his face.

"Yeah, not for benefits or anything it's just so-"

"You can be closer to the Autobots, I get it," Charlie sighs, throwing the wrench back into its toolbox. "You sure you can handle this?"

"I mean, you did," Kaede shrugs. "How about that story of you getting shot at by Decepticons, climbing a satellite tower and then diving into water full of wreckage?"

"Yeah, that last part was kind of dumb of me," Charlie replies quietly, embarrassed.

"Exactly! Now I want it to be my turn to do something stupid," Kaede says. Charlie shakes her head and laughs.

"Stupid enough to chase after Optimus?"

"I like him, Charlie, I mean REALLY like him," Kaede says.

"You're gonna get yourself killed, plus what if he doesn't like you back?"

"Tch, c'mon, everyone likes me," Kaede scoffs. "And besides, Optimus and I already got somethin in common, he's from Hawai'i, or landed there," he says. "He likes surfing, my cousin Kim taught him even."

"Sounds like a fun guy," Charlie replies with a smug look. Kaede's phone rings, its timer going off for him to go.

"I gotta go," Kaede says as he rushes out the door.

"Have fun getting tased and peppersprayed!" Charlie calls out. She watches as Kaede gets onto his motorcycle and speeds off into the distance. She then turns to open the back door, slightly ajar from earlier. "You hear that, Bee? You better head back to base," she says towards an old yellow Camaro. Bumblebee transforms and whirrs at her slightly. ~see you~ soon~ he sang. "I'll see you next week," she says, kissing Bee's cheek where he soon after transforms and drives off.

Kaede speeds down the road, heading towards base for yet another session of training. He couldn't wait for it to be over so he could start his real training. He was going to be mentored by Ratchet to learn how to repair Cybertronians in case anything ever bad happened. And so Ratchet had an extra pair of hands. As he slows down at the gates of the Sector Seven base, Bumblebee stops behind him and Kaede looks back for a moment before the two of them are let in. Kaede and Bee drive beside each other slowly.

"Where did you come from?" Kaede asks. ~That's classified~ his radio replies. "Were you that Camaro in the back?" he then says flatly. ~I plead the 5th!~ "Don't tell Optimus about what I said earlier," he sighs. He then chuckles. "Can't believe you were hanging with Charlie." The two drove into the hangar, going their separate ways, Kaede turning off his engine and taking his helmet off.

"Here early as always," Nathan says, approaching him. "You ready for another day of training?"

"Yeah, although Charlie said something about me getting tased and peppersprayed?" Kaede asks.

"Tsk- Ah, she ruined the surprise, guess she knows more about bootcamp then you," Nathan says.

"Surprise?!" Kaede exclaims, the two walking down the hangar. Nathan only laughs, walking down to the combat room once again. As they walk down, they pass by Optimus, who Kaede steals a glance at, his eyes landing on him. Optimus is currently busy speaking to Ironhide over something, from what it looks like it has something to do with weapons with the way the two are examining an ion blaster. Optimus' optics catch Kaede's and Kaede quickly looks away in embarrassment, face tinted slightly red at being caught.