- 31 -

Port Canaveral

Wendy is woken up by Lennox gently shaking her awake. She sits up from her sleeping bag and yawns, rubbing her eyes.

"C'mon, it's time to go," Lennox says quietly. Epps and Chrys are all ready to go, Noah waiting outside with the car. The five drive over to Port Canaveral, away from the space centre to watch the sunrise, the Xanthium off in the distance.

Chrys and Wendy sit beside each other on the lower deck while Lennox and Epps stand at the upper deck. Noah sits off to the side, a miserable look on his face.

"Did you sleep?" Wendy asks.

"No," Chrys replies point blank. Wendy gives a huff before rubbing Chrys' back to comfort her. Chrys' eyes stay fixed on the shuttle.

"Launch sequence is in 5, 4..." Lennox counts down from above. The ship launches, pushing itself up into the sky as its rockets propel it, the shuttle's external tanks dropping off into the ocean. The five watch as it ascends before there's a shine of light off in the distance along with two other ones. Chrys and Wendy stand up, recognising the jets. The jets grow closer to the shuttle, dropping from the atmosphere. Skywarp teleports forward and the three spiral around the ship, releasing a barrage of missiles.

 Skywarp teleports forward and the three spiral around the ship, releasing a barrage of missiles

"No-" Noah says, shooting up from his spot. There's a flash of light. In an instant the shuttle explodes, debris falling as smoke fills the air around it. Wendy cries out, covering her mouth with her hands. Chrys' ears ring, tears starting to pour down her face. She falls to her knees, catching herself with her arms. She shouts into the ground, drowning everything else out.

Chicago, right after the kidnapping

Kaede wakes up to the rude jolt of Starscream landing and is once again in his clutches. He struggles within his grasp as they are taken down what seems to be an abandoned warehouse. Decepticon technology covers the walls and various Decepticons take their positions at shoddily made stations. Starscream receives acknowledgements from the lower ranks before he finally makes it to the centre of the warehouse.

There stands Megatron, Soundwave and Alpha Trion. Kaede can't help but glare at Alpha Trion, knowing he was the one behind all of this. Starscream can't help but bow to the three in a show of drama and glamour.

"May I present, the Allspark," Starscream says, proudly presenting Kaede to Megatron and Soundwave.

"Finally," Megatron says. "To think that Optimus spent so much time protecting this squishy little thing," he sneers, grabbing Kaede from Starscream's clutches and holding them. "He did a poor job protecting you from us," he chuckles.

"We weren't expecting his mentor to betray him," Kaede spits out, his eyes on Alpha Trion.

"Not all Cybertronians are kind to organics," Megatron tuts. "Take them to Shockwave. I have more things to discuss with our honorary Decepticon here," Megatron says. He hands Kaede over to Soundwave, Soundwave immediately throwing Kaede into their chassis, the screen shutting on him. He slams his fist against the glass, Soundwave walking off.