- 17 -

NEST Aircraft

Chrys sits at the bench, strapped in. A frown is on her face as she fiddles with her weapon.

"Penny for your thoughts, rook?" Epps asks.

"Uhh, just - Nervous. I've never been out on a field mission like this before," Chrys replies.

"You ever shot a gun before?" Epps asks.

"No, just fix them. I didn't even start doing that till I got here," Chrys replies. "I didn't go through training like the rest of the agents did," she says, looking over at the senior agents. She frowns. "I don't know if I'll be useful at all."

"Your most important goal is not to get killed," Epps replies.

"Thanks," Chrys says flatly.

"Great advice, Epps," Lennox says sarcastically, patting his shoulder.

"Ok, you give a pep talk then," Epps snaps.

"Nah, I like watching you do it," Lennox grins.

"Jackass," Epps says, rolling his eyes.

"Just stick with one of us," Jazz says, entering into the conversation. He turns his frame to face Chrys, Epps and Lennox. "We'll protect you," he says, giving her a soft smile. Chrys' eyes widen a bit. Jazz turns his helm and sees Ratchet waving him over. "Be right back," he says, getting up and walking off to talk to Ratchet. Jazz makes his way to Ratchet, who has been close to Optimus' frame this whole time.

"What'd you need to talk about?" Jazz asks.

"It's about this resurrection," Ratchet says quietly. "If this doesn't work... you're going to have to lead the Autobots." Jazz frowns.

"I know," Jazz replies softly. He looks at Optimus. "And I'm ready and willing to lead just... gonna miss the big guy a lot if this doesn't work." He sighs softly. "I hope Cade can bring him back."

"Hmph, for his sake as well," Ratchet agrees. "I don't think I've seen someone so smitten with him since Shockwave."

"I heard from Mirage Cade's not taking his absence too well," Jazz hums.

"Of course, he isn't. Neither of them spoke about their attraction to each other and now living with that regret?" Ratchet shakes his helm. "At least I let Optimus know," he says.

"He's young, not as wise and old as you," Jazz shrugs. Ratchet scoffs. He looks at Optimus' greyed out frame again. "What will happen to the Matrix if we can't bring him back?"

"It goes to you or... whoever the next Prime is," Ratchet says.

"It's not gonna choose me," Jazz replies. Ratchet gives him a look.

"You are more than qualified to hold the title of Prime, out of any of us," Ratchet says. "Besides, you've seen how Optimus acts. If he's like that, then you're leagues better." Jazz chuckles.

"I forget you know him better than I do," Jazz says.

"You should ask Ironhide and I more about the real Optimus Prime," Ratchet huffs. "He's more of an idiot than you think. Not to speak ill of the dead."

"You mourn very weirdly," Jazz says.

"Don't worry, I miss him, terribly, as flawed as he was," Ratchet says, looking at Optimus once again. A fond smile grows on his face. "I'll be glad to have him back too."

~How's it going in the other aircraft?~ Ironhide's voice comes through the comm. link. ~Chrys holdin up in there alright?~

"She's a bit nervous about this mission," Jazz replies. He looks over to her this time and a fond smile grows on his face. "But I told her I'd protect her." Ratchet raises his brow towards Jazz. "I mean- we, us, the Autobots."