- 27 -

The Nemesis

Soundwave stands at their communications panel, staring up at the screen and tapping away. Various radio waves are shown in the corner, all in different human languages. An alert comes onto screen in Cybertronian.

Online. Our meeting area will be at these coordinates.

Soundwave's optics brighten for a moment before they leave the panel and approach Megatron as he sits at his captain's chair, looking down on Earth from above.

"Alpha Trion is online," Soundwave announces. "He's given us these coordinates to meet with him." Megatron stands from his chair and looks back towards Soundwave.

"Inform Shockwave of his arrival and to meet us at the location. They should have the mechanism ready," Megatron says. Soundwave nods before walking off. Starscream leans against the doorframe, looking at his claws. "Starscream," Megatron calls out, Starscream glances up. "Get the troops ready for departure, we're heading to Earth."

"Finally invading?" Starscream leers.

"You have a breem," Megatron replies. Starscream walks off with a nod. Megatron turns back to look down upon Earth. "Soon this world will be rid of these insects."

Sector Seven Base

"Optimus has been on edge these past few days," Kaede huffs. "It's... weird."

"Has he spoken to you about it?" Ratchet asks.

"Bits and pieces," Kaede says. "He kinda just clams up and gets broody."

"He's not exactly very close with Alpha Trion. And it doesn't help that he serves as a reminder of the type of Prime he should be."

"To be fair, Alpha Trion doesn't really give me 'benevolent and all powerful' Prime vibes," Kaede replies. "Especially with how he treated us the other day." Ratchet sighs, crossing his arms.

"When Optimus ejected the Allspark, Alpha Trion was furious," Ratchet says.

Cybertron, 8000 years ago

A loud BOOM shakes the entire building, the lab lights flickering. Shockwave works frantically at the computer panel, downloading as much information as possible. Their optics dart back and forth from the screen to the exit.

-Shockwave, you need to get out of there NOW!- Optimus' voice yells through the communication link.

"This download isn't exactly hurrying up, Optimus!" Shockwave replies. There's another large boom that shakes the building, dust falling from above. Shockwave watches the download at 99%. As it hits 100% they snatch their cord from their servo and transform it before snagging the Allspark from its tube and placing it into their chassis for safe keeping. They then run towards the exit, the biggest hit yet making the building above them collapse.

With a grunt, they push past the falling debris around them, using their cannon to blast any that falls in front of them. They charge at the door and slam through it, the building collapsing behind them.

"SHOCKWAVE!" Optimus calls out as heavy fire rains down upon them. "We have to go NOW!" Shockwave runs over to him, the two briefly meeting up in the streets of Iacon before another explosion happens off in the distance, another building falling. The two begin to run, Optimus and Shockwave transforming into their altmodes and speeding down the highway. Shockwave, in their altmode, flies close to Optimus. "That was cutting it close, dear."

"You and I both know this information from the Allspark is important. If we can somehow create synthetic energon, our allies won't starve and we can finally put this war behind us."