1960

The vast emptiness of space can be rather boring to the common Decepticon scout. But at the moment, this boring predicament wasn't as boring as one would think. A ping appears on the control centre for the Decepticon ship, immediately alerting the captain of the ship. His pedes land on the floor with loud thuds, announcing his presence on the bridge. A femme with a purple complexion and a red circular glass covering one of her optics turned towards her superior.

"Our sensors have picked up the Autobot ship, Turmoil," Shadow Striker announces.

"Where is it, Shadow Striker?"

"On a moon near a primitive organic planet, Earth. Located within the Milky Way."

"Take us there," Turmoil replies. He then presses a button to open up a comm. link with Soundwave. The screen appeared with Soundwave standing in the centre, their red visor shone with interest to who was contacting them. "Soundwave, we have located the Ark, what are our objectives?"

"Objective: Retrieve the space bridge pillars, search for survivors and capture them. Report back to Starscream."

"Of course, thank you Soundwave, we will not disappoint," Turmoil replies. The comm. link disconnected and Turmoil turned towards his squadron. "Flamewar, Shadow Striker, once we land we begin a thorough search of the Ark. Make sure we retrieve ALL the pillars. The rest of you will help us load them." There were replies of understanding from his crew and the ship enters the Milky Way galaxy.

"I never enjoyed this galaxy," Shadow Striker comments. Turmoil hums in agreement. "The humans that reside here... so squishy. So... organic."

"I'm curious to see how they've progressed after all these kilocycles," Flamewar muses, leaning against her gun.

"Hmph, well we don't have time to torment the organics, our job is to get these pillars back to Lord Starscream as soon as possible," Turmoil replies. The ship draws closer to Earth's solar system, the familiar grey ball of Earth's moon drawing closer and closer. The ship lands softly on the dust, a small cloud swirling under before rising in a cloud.

The hiss of a platform enacts from the ship and Turmoil walks out onto the barren moon with Shadow Striker and Flamewar behind him. Shadow Striker has her rifle out ready to subdue any surviving Autobot on the ship. The Priam lay right in front of them, its wreckage fairly recent. Turmoil approaches an open hole in the hull before blasting an even larger hole for everyone to fit in. He steps into one of the corridors of the Priam and looks around, the red lights from the ship's backup generators pulsing weakly.

"Keep your optics open, I wouldn't be surprised if any Autobots survived the crash." Flamewar and Shadow Striker don't reply, staying quiet as the three crept down the corridor of the Priam. Their pedes passed by the remains of some Autobots who weren't so lucky during the crash. The trio made their way down towards the bridge. Turmoil is blocked by the sealed doors, using his strength to pry them open. The metal creaks before snapping open with a clang. Flamewar and Shadow Striker immediately jump into action, aiming their guns at any surviving Autobots that may have been laying in wait. When there was no reaction, Shadow Striker stands straight back up with a huff, placing her rifle onto her back.

"Well, that's disappointing," Shadow Striker sighs.

"Check the ship's log and the manifesto, we need to find where they're hiding the pillars," Turmoil orders. Flamewar goes to the command centre, the screen cracked and severely damaged from the impact of the crash. A few sparks flew from it as Flamewar went to touch it, the command centre blinking weakly to life. Before Flamewar could access the manifesto, the pulsing red lights and the command centre shut off abruptly. "Damn it, energy reserves must have run out." The three turn on their own personal lights and look around. "We'll have to search the ship manually, come on, we don't want to keep Starscream waiting."

"He's already going to scream at us anyway, impatient aft," Flamewar says. Shadow Striker only chuckles and trudges on, heading into another corridor of the Ark. After a couple of cycles, the three approached the ship's vault. "Any chance it'll be in here?"

"Given that we've found nothing else in any other area, I'd say yes," Shadow Striker replies. Turmoil tries to pry the vault open to no avail. He stands back and charges his arm cannon.

"Won't open, we'll have to blast it," Turmoil says. After a few astroseconds, he released a powerful shot that dented the metal door of the vault. He shoots a few more blasts from his cannon to where a large hole remained. When his optics landed on the pillars stacked upon each other at one side, he comms the rest of his crewmembers to prepare for extraction. For now, Flamewar and Shadow Striker haul as much as possible to the ship, much to their dismay. The two drag a few pillars across the moon's dusty plain, to which Flamewar took the opportunity to complain.

"I was looking for some action today, not to drag some useless cylinders across an organic planet's moon," Flamewar whines. Shadow Striker doesn't respond, only grunting as she dragged her set of pillars across to the ship.

"If it will make you feel any better, we can spar later once this is all over with," Shadow Striker then says. This makes Flamewar stop for a moment and a smile grows on her face. She dashes past Shadow Striker, hauling her load this time quickly into the ship. Shadow Striker has to stop from letting a laugh out at Flamewar's sudden burst of energy, so very clearly excited to spar with her. Little does she know, her pace picks up as well.

Once all the pillars visible to the Decepticons were packed up and loaded into the ship, Turmoil immediately heads towards Cybertron to offer his findings to Starscream. It was nice to see Starscream clearly pleased with it, although that quickly shattered when Shockwave entered the throne room.

"Shockwave! We retrieved the Autobot's only hope of ever winning this war, now that we have control of it, I shall rule Cybertron as it was always meant to be!" Starscream gloats. Shockwave's red optic looked down to the pillars, head craning, examining all of them before moving up to look at Starscream.

"Where is the control pillar," Shockwave asks.

"Eh- wha?" Starscream says, his moment of pride swept away.

"Alpha Trion would not be foolish enough to let this space bridge operate without a control pillar. It would be illogical," Shockwave says. "Have you managed to locate the control pillar or Alpha Trion?"

"We found... neither," Turmoil replies hesitantly. Starscream yells out in frustration, to which Turmoil didn't react. At least, no one could see a reaction from him. Under his mask and visor, he rolls his optics.

"You useless fool! These pillars are absolutely useless without the control," Starscream hisses. "Did you find ANY surviving Autobots on that ship?"

"If we did, we would have them here for your interrogation, Lord Starscream," Turmoil replies, a slight edge to his voice.

"First your failure to keep your second in command in check and now this? Tell me how many more times you're going to keep disappointing me, Turmoil. If you weren't so competent at killing Autobots, I'd demote you to a foot soldier." He sighs. "Well, nevermind that, this is valuable technology. Shockwave! Store these pillars in a safe area, we'll find some future use for them." Shockwave doesn't reply, turning around and walking off with the cart holding said pillars. "As for you! You're dismissed, await my next orders, I hope you DON'T manage to disappoint next time."

"Yes, Lord Starscream," Turmoil grumbles.