2011

"We got a hit," Lennox says, entering the NEST wing of base. "Decepticon activity in Chernobyl, Haley and Clint are meeting with the chairman of the Ukrainian department of energy," he explains. "We're heading out at 0500 so be in your gear!" he announces. Kaede nods, getting up to head to the lab to let Chrys know.

He pokes his head into the lab, seeing yet another crazy invention being made by Brainstorm. Chrys and Perceptor chat, discussing another set of schematics, Perceptor in their holoform to assist. They look over to see Kaede walking over.

"Hello, Cade, you need something?" Perceptor asks.

"Gotta talk to Chrys, we got a mission tomorrow morning," Kaede says, motioning behind them. "We're heading out at 0500 so she needs to sleep properly tonight."

"Where we heading?" Chrys asks.

"Chernobyl," Kaede replies.

"What," Chrys says. "They're making us go into the exclusion zone?"

"OH, perfect! We can test out the radiation shields," Brainstorm exclaims from across the room.

"Is it safe to use?" Kaede asks, weary.

"Should be, I've worked out the kinks of it," Brainstorm grins. "It won't blow up like Wheeljack's inventions."

"I've gotten better about that!" Wheeljack huffs.

"One explosion once a week is better than last year's," Chrys shrugs. Kaede sighs.

"Listen, just have her go to bed early so she can be ready when we fly out," Kaede says. "This is important. We got Decepticon activity for once."

"There hasn't been one for a while," Wheeljack says.

"Exactly." He turns heel to head out.

Morning comes and the NEST agents are all geared up, ready to go. Only a small group of Autobots are flying out alongside them, Optimus, Arcee and Bumblebee the three to go with them.

Wendy still exhibits her nervousness as the plane starts to ascend, Arcee nearby this time to provide her some comfort. Chrys gives a sleepy yawn, rubbing at her eyes and trying to wake up.

"Did you go to bed at a decent time," Kaede asks flatly as he sits beside her.

"Yes," Chrys grumbles. "I just hate waking up early. Why are they flying us out at 5am?!"

"So we can be there in the morning over there," Epps replies, sipping his coffee.

"First Decepticon activity in months, it's gotta be important."

"Do we know who it is?" Kaede asks.

"We've been monitoring energy spikes in the area, with what it looks like... I have a feeling it may be a familiar face," Optimus replies. He frowns beneath his mask. "I just hope it isn't them," he says quietly, looking away.

Chernobyl

The plane lands onto a flat terrain near Chernobyl, the landing a bit bumpy. The NEST agents unstrap themselves from their seats and stand up, Kaede taking a moment to stretch.

"Sooo hungry," Wendy groans as they get off the plane. Epps tosses her a granola bar to munch on, Optimus, Arcee and Bumblebee already in their altmodes, ready to go.

"They'll be meeting us inside," Lennox says, the NEST agents getting in the Tatras provided at the temporary base. Kaede sits next to Chrys, Chrys sleeping on his shoulder, earbuds in her ears, listening to music, as they ride into Chernobyl.