The Beach Episode

"We have some officials coming to visit the base tomorrow and we need it to be less chaotic," Haley says, Noah sitting in the main meeting room alongside Clint, Simmons, and Lennox. Optimus sits in on the meeting as well in his holoform. "And with our NEST agents and bots currently either blowing up the place or... being caught in storage closets..." Haley says, looking aside to Optimus. He gives an unamused look with his arms crossed at Haley and she shakes her head with an irritated sigh.

"We're putting you all on a mandatory day off," Clint says. "That way we can impress our officials and we won't be running around putting out fires."

"Literally and metaphorically," Haley adds. "We'll have a meeting with the higher ups later where you, Jazz and Ratchet need to be present, but for the time being, I'm kicking all of your crew off base."

"What, so we just do something for a day?" Noah asks.

"You guys decide, we're just telling you that you all need to take the day off and to STAY off base," Simmons says.

"I've been wanting to go to the beach," Optimus says. Lennox and Noah nod.

"Beach day sounds fun," Noah hums. "Alright, how about we do that, we can go to Ocean Beach."

"Alright, I'll clear the beach for all of you tomorrow so we don't have any incidents like Sideswipe's all those years back," Simmons nods.

"Dismissed," Haley says. Lennox, Optimus and Noah head off to go tell the group. Optimus making a beeline straight for the medbay. Optimus enters into the bay in his holoform, nodding to Ratchet. Ratchet gives a sigh and rolls his optics, expecting it to be another one of Optimus' special visits where he whisks Kaede away for 30 minutes.

"What do you want," Ratchet asks.

"Old friend, I'm not here to take Kaede away from their work," Optimus replies. Kaede enters the medbay, having gone to the bathroom. "There you are," Optimus says.

"What're you doing here?" Kaede asks, a flirty tone in his voice. Ratchet grumbles to himself.

"We've been ordered by higher ups to stay off base tomorrow."

"What, they want us to take a day off?" Kaede asks, making his way up to the workspace.

"Yes," Optimus replies.

"Huh, so where we going then?"

"They want all of us off base?" Ratchet asks.

"You too, old friend," Optimus replies. Ratchet throws his servos up. "We're going to a place called Ocean Beach, Noah had suggested it," he says. Kaede jumps down the stairs in excitement and grabs Optimus' arms, looking up at him wide eyed.

"You mean we can go surf?!" Kaede exclaims. A big grin grows on Kaede's face and Optimus has to suppress the urge to kiss him. Optimus nods, a smile growing on his face. "I GOTTA GET MY BOARDS!" he yells in excitement, letting go of Optimus. "You busy? They're big and my motorcycle can't carry two of them," Kaede asks Optimus. He then hums. "We gotta go buy you a longboard, biggest board I got is 8ft and that's not good enough for a big guy like you," he says. "I got a gun back in Maui but that's for big waves only," he sighs. "C'mon, let's go find a surf shop that's got longboards." Kaede takes Optimus' hand and bounds out of the medbay, Ratchet sputtering before giving a defeated sigh.

"How do we ever get work done around here," Ratchet mutters.

Kaede and Optimus return successfully with their surfboards, Kaede practically buzzing with excitement as he waxes down his board with Optimus in his trailer.

"Remember the first thing we talked about," Kaede asks fondly, looking over to him. Optimus smiles.

"We talked about going surfing together," Optimus replies. Kaede grins.