Chapter 34

After the event, I messaged Freen, letting her know that I'd be waiting for her on the rooftop to chat. However, it took a whole hour before she finally joined me.

She was dressed in a comfy off-white sweatshirt and black jogger pants, probably changed into something cozy before coming up here.

"Sorry, I had to outsmart a dog on my way here," Freen explained, and I nodded, knowing exactly which dog she meant.

"Are you okay? Do you want to talk tomorrow?" I asked, concerned.

"Nah, I'm good. Since we're here now, let's talk," Freen smiled and settled into a folding chair.

Freen's leg was shaking a bit, and she seemed a bit nervous, sighing every now and then. I put my hand on her leg, and the shaking stopped. She looked at me, a puzzled expression on her face.

"Why do you seem so jittery?" I asked, chuckling.

"It's nothing," she said, rubbing the back of her neck and playing with her tongue nervously. "I've got a question."

"What's up?" I inquired.

"Did you happen to grab a sketchbook?" Freen asked, avoiding eye contact. "I told Seng not to leave that specific sketchbook on the table, but he forgot. So, I was wondering if you picked it up when I asked you to grab one."

"Why?" I asked, grinning playfully. "You want it back?"

"Well, if you're willing to give it back," she said, biting her bottom lip.

"But it's got my face, and I'm looking fine," I teased her.

"Yeah, but you are mine-" Freen stopped, catching herself. "I mean, those drawings are mine. They're not for sale or anything." She glanced away, so I stood up in front of her. Gently, I held her chin, turning her face towards me.

"Say it again," I prompted.

"They're not for sale," she stated.

"Not that."

"They belong to me." Freen lowered her head, but I lifted her chin to meet my gaze.

"If you don't say it, I might just have to kiss you," I joked, giving her a mischievous grin.

"In that case, I won't say it," she replied.

And with that, I leaned in and kissed her. Freen didn't hesitate; she pulled me closer and deepened the kiss.

I hadn't expected this. I hadn't thought she'd respond to my kiss.

"Freen," I gently pushed her away so we could catch our breath. She's surprisingly intense. "I'm sorry."

I felt embarrassed and looked down. I had only wanted to tease her a little. But why did she react like this? I thought she was-

"Sorry for what?" she asked, lifting my chin and darting her tongue across her lips. "For kissing me? Haven't we done this before?"

Wait, she remembered?

"You knew?" I inquired.

"Of course, I was the one who started it," she whispered in a husky voice. She licked her lips and glanced at mine again. "Is it wrong to kiss you?" she wondered.

"You're not gay. This isn't right for you," I responded.

"Well, I'd rather be a little rebellious if it means having you."

The moon cast a gentle glow, adding a touch of enchantment to everything. Nestled in Freen's lap, our fingers intertwined, a mix of nerves and excitement bubbled within me.

Freen's eyes held a tender intensity as she leaned in, her lips almost brushing mine. A shy smile played on her lips, and my heart raced in response. Far below, city lights twinkled, as if cheering us on.

Our lips met in a gentle kiss, a delicate connection between curiosity and desire. Freen's touch traced patterns on my waist, sending delightful shivers through me. With a contented sigh, I cupped her cheeks, drawing her nearer.

When we pulled back, a soft, knowing smile passed between us.

"I mean it, Becky," she murmured in a soft, melodic tone. "I mean it when I said you're the only exception, and I want to be yours." Freen tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear as she locked eyes with me, full of determination.

"You're not homophobic anymore?" I quipped, chuckling.

"There's no room for that word when it comes to you. I like you," she confessed.

"Thank you," I teased.

"No, I mean it. I like you so much."

"Thank you so much," I giggled.

Freen shot me a mock glare, and I rewarded her with a gentle kiss. "I like you too, Chankimha. Right from the start. I like you."

"Since the 'I do' moment?" Freen joked, chuckling.

"You're showing off now," I said, about to stand up, but she pulled me back onto her lap.

"Just kidding," she laughed, lightly tapping my nose with her index finger. She looked at my lips and grinned. "Those are mine now, okay? I've already claimed them."

"So that's your strategy for owning a piece of me?" I laughed and shook my head.

"Absolutely." She grinned wider. "I'm ready to kiss every part of you to make you mine."

I smiled a bit. I'm yours, Chankimha. I'm only yours.

a/n: I haven't proofread this chapter so if you see grammatically incorrect sentences or misspelled words, please let me know. Thank you so much!