Chapter 48

I thought that moving to a new place would finally give me some peace of mind. But once again, I received a package, and this time it was addressed to Becky.

Becky was just as puzzled as I was when she saw the package. She hadn't ordered anything and decided to come over and check it out in person.

"Someone sent another package using my name. How did they even know you're here?" Becky asked, her curiosity getting the better of her. She opened the box fearlessly while wearing gloves, and she handed me a pair as well. This way, if there were any fingerprints, the police could easily identify them.

Inside the box, there was a smaller one, and my heart skipped a beat when I saw my necklace sitting there. I desperately hoped it was just a coincidence, but upon closer inspection, it was indeed the same one I owned.

"Could someone have gotten inside here?" Becky's voice had a concerned edge. "The security to enter the building is really tight, so your stalker might actually be someone in the building," she concluded.

"What? Are you saying someone entered my place last night without me knowing?" I was taken aback by the idea.

Becky continued to examine the contents of the box, and her expression shifted as she found pictures of me and her taken outside the building and even inside her room where I was staying. Panic surged through me. How was this even possible?

My hands trembled as I read the message written on the back of one of the pictures.

"I wish I could be with you tonight. Can you imagine how good it would feel? I bet it's like heaven. I can't wait."

The words sent a shiver down my spine. This situation was escalating rapidly. I felt like I was at my breaking point.

"What's wrong?" Becky looked at me, concerned, as she read the message. Her hands clenched, and she immediately called someone on her phone. She instructed me to stay in the room while she handled the situation.

In a matter of minutes, the police arrived. Just like she promised, Becky took charge of everything while I anxiously waited inside the room.

My body quivered with fear, and I dreaded what might happen next.

I wasn't sure what was happening outside, but I could hear Becky and the police forcefully knocking on the door of the neighboring room. I had no idea how they managed to get a search warrant, but Becky's furious expression spoke volumes. She looked like she was ready to break down the door herself.

I watched the police officers as they combed through Kaownah's room, and eventually, they apprehended him.

"I didn't do anything!" Kaownah's voice was loud, and his eyes locked onto mine. His grin made my skin crawl. "Why are you all making such a fuss? I just wanted to give you some pleasure."

Kaownah managed to break free from the grip of the police momentarily, and he lunged towards me. Thankfully, Becky swiftly intervened, positioning herself between us. The police officers drew their guns as Kaownah pushed Becky, causing her to stumble and fall. Becky signaled to them not to shoot, as it was a dangerous situation with me so close.

Kaownah was right in front of me, and any wrong move could put me in harm's way.

Becky rose, her eyes blazing with fury. "This is self-defense. He attacked me first." She muttered, then took control by grabbing Kaownah's head and delivering a punch that knocked him out cold. That must hurt a lot considering Becky has a ring on her finger. "Don't mess with a lawyer who knows martial arts."

Becky's lips were bloodied from the encounter, but she seemed unfazed. Her gaze was fixed on Kaownah, her hands still clenched and anger in her eyes.

I reached out and gently held her hand, trying to calm her down. The police took over from there, though they would need our statements later.

"Let me take care of that," I said, referring to her wound, as we retreated into the unit. I applied some ointment to her lips, and she looked at me with intensity.

"I got worked up for nothing," she admitted.

Confused, I asked, "What do you mean?"

"I need to head to the police station. Nat is on his way. Stay here." Becky stood, even though I hadn't finished tending to her wound. "Open the gift when you feel like it. Don't keep it like a treasure."

Becky exited and closed the door behind her. I was left wondering about the contents of the gift and why she wanted me to open it.