Last Chapter

"Why are you crying, Bec?" Freen asked, concerned.

I looked at her with teary eyes and hugged her tightly. Damn, I really missed her.

"Where are you headed?" I asked. She had on this elegant white dress, and her long black hair was flowing freely.

Freen chuckled and gently brushed my cheek. "I'm not taking off right this second." She grinned at me.

"But you already did, right? You gave up, right?" I questioned as tears rolled down my cheeks. I tried to wipe them away, but they just kept coming.

"You've done so much, babe. And I'm sorry I'm late." Freen kissed my forehead and let out a sigh. "I should have given you a heads-up. I should've been honest about the blackmail I was facing. I should've been upfront with you."

"No need for apologies, just stay. Please, Freen." I pleaded, dropping to my knees in front of her. "I'll do whatever it takes this time. I won't just sit around waiting. I'll follow you this time. Please, just come back to me." I sobbed, bowing my head.

"But we're running out of time, Bec. This lifetime isn't ours." She lifted my chin, looking deep into my eyes. "Still, I'm glad that even when I'm not here, you'll have someone looking out for you."

"Who?" I inquired.

Freen smiled and planted a gentle kiss on my cheek before whispering. "You know her. I trust her to take care of you." With that, she stood up, about to leave, but I grabbed her hands and held her in a tight embrace.

"Can't I just go with you?" I pleaded, not letting go. "If you can't stay, then I'll go with you."

"Why would you come with me? You have a future ahead. You've worked so hard to achieve what you have now. Becky, us meeting was a bonus. But please, don't neglect yourself. Eat properly, drink water, rest. I want to see you succeed in life." Freen gently removed my hands and offered a faint smile. "I love you, Becky. But this isn't our time. Just like they said, I'm seen as incompatible, not because you're wrong, but because you deserve someone just as amazing. Someone good."

"Please, Freen, fight." Tears streamed down my face as I looked at the ground. "You promised you'd fight for us this time. I held onto that, Freen! Fight for us!" I exclaimed.

"If I do, then what? I've brought too much pain to you. My mom caused your accident, and soon enough, you'll hate me, Bec." Freen swallowed hard. "I can't bear that."

"I'm not shallow like that, Freen. I don't care about the past. I don't care if you were once labeled homophobic. I don't care about any of it! I want you! I love you! And I'll always feel that way! Regardless of what anyone says, no matter how hard they try to pull us apart! Nobody can change my mind. I love you, Freen!" I shouted.

Freen went quiet, a slow smile forming. "I love you too," she softly replied.

"Can you please fight for us? Just this one time, Freen. Fight for us. Survive," I implored.

Freen chuckled and nodded.

"Becky! Wake up!" Richie shook me, and the light from the room blinded me.

Did I pass out? How did I get here? Where's Freen?

"Why am I here?" I questioned Richie.

"You fainted earlier. Are you feeling better now? I saw you in tears, that's why I woke you," he explained.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Just a few hours. I was about to fly to England when I heard what happened. I got really worried about you," Richie said, hugging me.

"And where's Freen?" I pressed.

Richie, Friend, and Nat exchanged looks. Their eyes held a somber message.

"She's..." Richie sighed. "She's in critical condition, but she's fighting with everything she's got."

a/n: Thank you for reading this story! I love you all. Mumu 😚