Chapter 53

"Are you sure you won't come with me?" Becky asked as she led me into my studio.

Earlier, Nat had called her and said she was needed at the law firm tonight. Becky was concerned and wanted me to accompany her.

"I'm okay, you go ahead," I assured her with a smile.

Becky leaned in and kissed my forehead before smiling warmly. "I'll come back here after the meeting with Nat. Wait for me, alright?" she requested, and I nodded in agreement.

After watching Becky drive away, I stepped into my studio. Switching on all the lights, I headed into my room to change. Suddenly, someone hugged me from behind, causing me to tense up.

Who could this be?

"I've told you, you're mine, right?" the voice said.

Seng's voice sent shivers down my spine, making me tremble. He chuckled at my reaction and even kissed my neck, prompting me to push him away.

"Stay away from me!" I yelled, my heart racing.

"Why?" he inquired. "You're my fiancé, after all. You're supposed to be mine."

"I'm not yours, and I never was!" I shouted back. "I love Becky, Seng. Please, just let me go!" Fear made my tears flow. I searched for something to defend myself with, but there were no scissors or pens in the room.

"You love her, that's true. And she loves you. But what if she learns that your mother tried to harm her when she was young?" Seng sneered. "What if she discovers that you're the reason she can't remember her past?"

I was utterly confused. My mother would never do such a thing, even if she was upset. She wouldn't hurt innocent people.

"Stop trying to manipulate me, Seng. It won't work!"

Seng laughed darkly. "I'm not manipulating you, Freen. I'm telling you the truth." He advanced towards me and forcefully gripped my jaw, causing me to wince.

"Your mother caused the accident. The one that nearly killed Becky that night. The reason she left for England. Your family harmed the Armstrongs," Seng hissed. "So, no matter how much you do for Becky, she won't marry you once the truth comes out. Do you get it?" He yelled inches from my face and slapped me hard, sending me stumbling to the floor.

"Even if she doesn't marry me, I'd never marry you either, Seng," I muttered.

"What?" he roared, his eyes furious. "I'm your best and only option, Freen. I can give you everything."

"I don't want everything!" I yelled back, and he slapped me again. "I just want Becky, that's all." I cried.

His blows left me numb, but I didn't know how to fight back. He was strong, and my own strength wasn't enough to confront him.

Seng grabbed my arms and threw me onto the bed. I fell off and tried to make a run for it, but he grabbed my hair, pulling me back inside and closing the door. He pushed me down onto the floor once more.

"You belong to me, Freen. No one else can have you," Seng declared, raising his hands to strike again.

My vision blurred, and I lost feeling in my body. As darkness closed in, I saw Seng smirking down at me.

For the first time in forever, the idea of ending someone's life felt tragically natural.