Chapter 51

Becky and Friend had given the library a complete makeover, even adding rooms so they could hang out here whenever they wanted.

After Becky told me she needed some rest, I stepped outside to enjoy the fresh air for a bit.

Out of nowhere, someone plopped down next to me on the bench with a sigh—it was Friend.

It dawned on me that I hadn't properly thanked her for all the ways she'd been there for Becky. She'd looked out for her while I was away and they'd become inseparable for a while.

"Thanks," I said.

"For what?" she asked.

"For taking care of Becky," I replied. "And for being there for her over the years. I really appreciate it." I gave her a smile, and she nodded.

"It's cool. I liked hanging out with her." She put on a faint smile.

I let out a sigh and gazed up at the sky. "Do you have more than just friend feelings for her?" I asked. "Seriously, I won't flip out."

"It's kinda hard not to fall for her, Freen," Friend admitted, letting out a sigh. "She's just so real, you know? She's the one who made me see love in a different light. But as time went on, I realized that just being around her is enough. Being her friend is enough for me."

"What do you mean?"

"I love your girlfriend, but I'm not gonna confess." Friend chuckled. "I mean, I tried once, but all she ever talked about was you. How awesome you are, how incredible you are, and how head over heels she is for you."

"She did?"

"She waits here every day. Even when she's exhausted. She keeps saying maybe you forgot to open her gift, or someone swiped it. I've never met a girl who's so persistent." Friend looked at me, her eyes glistening with tears. "So, how can I tell her what I feel, when she's so smitten with you? When she practically worships you? How can I compete?"

"You're not planning to steal her away, are you?" I teased.

Friend laughed softly and shook her head. "I'm not that heartless. Becky held out for you for five whole years. I highly doubt she'd pick me over you. But, I've got one favor to ask."

"What is it?"

"Please, Freen, love her more than ever. Give her the love she deserves." A tear slid down Friend's cheek. "I can't give her that, because she wants to experience it with you. And that's what hurts the most."

"I will, even if you don't ask," I replied, looking away.

"I've been pals with her for years. I want only the best for her. And I know you're the best for her." Friend smiled, sniffling.

"Don't worry, you'll find someone who'll love you just as much as you deserve. It might not be Becky, but there's someone out there. Trust me, that day will come." I patted her shoulder, and she nodded.

"I'll let you have some peace now," she said, getting up.

As Friend entered the library, someone from outside the gate chucked a small stone at me. It wasn't huge, but it stung.

The stone had a paper wrapped around it, so I opened it up and read the words. My whole body tensed, and I tossed it aside before rushing into the library.

I locked the door and shut all the windows. Seriously, wasn't he supposed to be in jail? If that's the case, then who the heck is this new stalker?

The note:
You belong to me alone.

a/n: Let's sleep. 😚❤️