CHAPTER-1

Navya's POV:

"Can you please book a asylum room for me Khusi?" I huffed out as I sat down with a thud, on the chair of our college canteen.

"Are you alright, Naz?" Khusi asked me putting the book down from her face . This friend of mine is a total nerd. I didn't understand how can a normal human being, hide it's face among the books all day? Khusi is definitely not normal.

"No I'm not alright Khusi? Am I looking alright to you?" I said frustrated, in a verge of teared my hair parts from my head.

This time she sat up properly. "Okay! tell me what's bugging you?" She asked, concerned and serious.

I let out a sigh, "you know the only problem of my life is my english teacher, Mrs.Singhania. She will make me a mental patient soon, mark my words." I said, my voice higher than the normal.

"What did she do this time?" Khusi asked, trying to hide her chuckled.

"I don't know, what kind of a teacher she is? Who give so much assignment to finish for a month, that too only on one subject? When will I get prepare for my other ones?" This time I literally shouting as half if the canteen turned to look at me. I felt my cheeks burned in embarrassment and tried to hide my face between the table and my folded arms.

"Calm down Naz, we will find a way to complete every assignment given by her before this month end," Khusi said trying to comfort me with her sweet talking as usual.

"Easy for you to say as you are a Commerce student Khusi, you have no idea about the misery of an English major. Sometimes I feel like my hands will come out of it's sockets while writing her notes. We only have 3 things in our life; Assignment, Assignment and Assignment." I grumbled out, half of my words were stuck by the fabric of my clothes.

I slowly lifted my head and stared at her. "Will you please accompany me to the library today after our college hours end?" I requested to her. "I need some books to finish the assignments, or else this best friend of yours' will fall the exam. Please Khusi." I pouted and made a puppy eyes to her.

She must have recognize the desperation in my eyes as she nodded agreeing to come with me not before rolling her eyes at me.

"Yay," I jumped up clapping my hands like a kid. Atleast someone will be there to take me out of my helpless form. This time the whole canteen stared at me as I duck my head and sat down and saw Khusi facepalming herself.

As soon as the last bell of our college hours rang, I came running towards our college library as Khusi waited for me outside.

"Okay! Let's go inside, or else we will be late for home." I said hurriedly a d dragged Khusi along with me. We both submitted our library card to the librarian as she permitted us to choose books of our like's. She told us to maintain silence through her eyes, we both nodded and entered the maze of the books.

"It's 15 minutes, and we are only able to find 1 book, we need 4 more books Naz, we can't search like this forever. Tell me the name and author of the any two books, I will search it in the other side of the row and you search for other two here." Khusi said as I told her the books detail.

She huffed and walked to the other side of the shelf. I resumed my work. I was searching in the lowest row and suddenly a thing caught my eyes. It was not my desired books, it's a diary, an old diary but what did a diary doing here in a college library? I pulled it out from it's place and patted to clear the slight dirt upon it.

"Naz, I finally found those books, are you done yet?" Khusi asked coming to stand beside me. I shook my head and again looked down towards the diary.

"What's this?" She asked.

"A diary" I replied.

"But what does a diary doing here? It's not a place to keep it," She said.

"Maybe someone left it here by mistake and when come to search for it, someone already put it in the rack" I reasoned. "Let's see if it's had any address or name, we will return it to him or her." I was going to open it but suddenly our librarian's voice boomed out of nowhere, making me droped the diary on the floor.

"Girls, are you done, it's time to close it," She yelled from outside the maze. "Yes miss, we found the required books, we're coming out" I yelled back and quickly put the diary at the far end inside my bag, so that it lay safely there without her notice or she will never let me take it.

"Naz, you have to find another two books" Khusi muttered. I signed for her to stay quiet. "I will manage by these two for now and will come back for other two, another day" I said making her sigh.

"Now, come on, let's go." We signed out from the library and started out journey towards our own house as we came out of the college's main entrance.

"But why did you take the diary with you?" Khusi asked. "As I said I will return it back to whom it belongs to. A diary is always a important things, it has so many secrets of ours' which should not be discloses to other." I shrugged my shoulder as Khusi gave me a 'Are you serious look'.

I myself don't know from where this helping soul suddenly came inside me but I'm definitely going to return the diary to it's owner. I made my way towards my home after bidding bye to Khusi, still feeling the pressure of that thing inside my bag.

-------------------------------×-----------------------------

(Naz, is the nickname of Navya.)

So this is the first chapter of 'Dear Diary'. I hope it will get as much support and love like my first story.

Let me know how's the chapter. Do vote and comment.

Thanks for reading :)

Stay happy, stay calm. Love you all ❤

Jai Shree Krishna 🙏🏻