CHAPTER-20

Navya's POV:

                            It was already morning and Parth's sleeping peacefully beside me as I was still sitting on the bed running my fingers through his hair. The whole night I just couldn't make my eyes to fall asleep.

I turned to look at the wall clock. It was already 6:30 in the morning. I removed my finger from Parth's hold and stood up silently not to disturb the sleeping beauty and made my way towards my room.

I freshened up and then came downstairs to see Rohan and Krish already sitting in the living room. Krish with a guilty look on his face as Rohan glaring down at him. Both looking like they also couldn't sleep.

"It was all your fault. I told you it's a bad idea" Rohan howled which made Krish sinked into the seat more. What have he done now?

"Umm..... what happen?" I asked, they both turned to look at me but remained silent.

"It's not my fault, I did it for the best but didn't know it'll go this far and result to this" Krish mumbled his defence about whatever the hell he did. "I warned you so many times but you just didn't listen" Rohan howled again.

"Will someone tell me what's going on?" I asked getting irritated by their blaming game.

"What happened Yesterday with Parth was all Krish's fault" Rohan said pointing his index finger to Krish, shooting draggers at him.

"What? What have he had to do anything with Parth's fever? I didn't remember them drenching in rain, or them jumping inside pool or any other mischieves, then?" I asked confusedly, rubbing my head with my hand.

"Will you do the honour to tell her, sir or will I have to do it?" Rohan barked sarcastically. Krish looked up at me with guilty in his eyes.

"Rohan is right, little one. It's my fault that Parth's suffering the fever." He said looking down again.

"Okay! Now tell me what have you done?" I asked, waiting for the much awaited answer.

"I mixed Zolpidem in Parth's dinner yesterday." He said closing his eyes fearing my reaction. My mouth fell open.

"Why did you do that? How can you give drugs like that to someone without knowing anything about it. You're an arts student Krish" I said, holding my hair in frustration.

"I'm not that much unscrupulous. I've a friend who is a psychiatrist. I consult him before giving it to Parth. He told me that it'll cause side effect like fever but will not do a permanent damage to him or make him a druggist. And after getting confirmed about it only I took the risk of using it." He said.

"But the main question is why did you do it?" I asked still not understanding his intention.

"Little one, it's a drug or better can say a medicine which was use by many psychiatric to made their patient hallucinate about their most fearing incidence of their life. I was also done that only. I made Parth ate it to know what he stored inside himself and that's why he behave like that last night. It was important for you to know what he'd gone through if you really want to heal him. And there's no way in earth he'll ever say it when he is in his right mind. Other than that it'll release his pressure after sharing it. That's were the reasons I've done it. Yes, I've given Parth the drug and that's why he told us all about his childhood." Krish confessed.

"You did what?" An ice cold voice asked from behind which made a fear ran down my spine.

I turned to look at Parth with the deadliest look on his face, glaring at both of his brothers. Krish and Rohan had looks of horror on their faces. They kept looking at each other without blinking.

"I..... I can explain Pa..... Parth....." I stammered. "Stay out of this Navya." He said without looking at me. I knew he was serious as he called me Navya neither Naz nor crazy.

"So you're the one, who gave me the drug and as a result I blurted out all about my childhood?" He asked and Krish nodded. "And you're the one who knew all about it and still didn't warn me?" This time it's Rohan, who was under his glares. He too nodded without any words.

"I NEED WORDS!" Parth yelled, slamming his hand on the nearby table. I jumped up at his sudden outburst as both of them remained quite.

I've never seen or heard this side of Parth. He looked hot while angry, though it's scary too. No, Navya it's not the time for this, focus on the problem first.

"You two are the only ones that I trust with my whole heart even after everybody left me, I never doubt you guys. Now you two are the ones who betrayed me like this. And at last I've even lost you two too." He said through gritted teeth.

Rohan and Krish looked at Parth with teary eyes. "We just wanted to help you Parth" Rohan whispered.

"What help are you guys doing by giving me drugs? I never wanted this to share with anyone, I didn't wanted anyone to know about it and pity me. But you did just that. Are you guys still here just because you pity me? If that's so you guys can leave I didn't need anyone." He said coldly and was about to go.

"Wait Parth!" I said which made him stop in his steps. "He'd done this because he wanted the best for you. You'll never share this to us if he didn't do that so how will we know what to do to make you feel better? We're your friends Parth and friends never pity each other they only help each other and he had done only that." I said and Parth looked at them with tears.

He ran to them and engulfed them in a hug "I'm sorry, I was mad about that incidence. I remember everything I said yesterday after waking up and was so angry on myself for blurting it out and when I heard it's you who made me did it I couldn't control myself. I know you two will only want what's the best for me and whatever you do it was for my good only. I'm sorry." He said his voice muffled by their shirts as they hugged him back.

Their friendship was the 8th wonder of the world. It's so smooth like nothing could split them. Yeah they also have moments where they got angry on each other but just a little words of convenience and they were all upon each other again. They never held grudges and that's the reason and they were brothers from another mothers.

I stood there smiling like idiot watching their reunion. Parth was like their child who got hurt easily and through tantrums and they both were like his parents always on his tail to please him and stopped complaining.

Suddenly the door bell ring making them broke from their hug. "You guys continue. I am opening the door." I said and went towards the front door and opened it.

A woman around my age or a little older than me standing outside with a smile on her face. She was beautiful indeed but she was already giving me a bad vibes. I felt Parth came behind me.

"YOU? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? HOW DARE YOU TO COME HERE? YOU BLOODY! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW." Parth yelled at top of his lungs. Krish and Rohan came there running.

"YOU! WHY DID YOU COME HERE?" The both yelled in unison. Parth was breathing heavily. I gestured through my eyes to Krish and Rohan to take him away. He was still week. They did as I was told. But the question was who was this girl? Maybe someone from his family.

"Who are you?" I asked her and she glanced me up and down and then replied, which made the ground slipped beneath my feet.

"Hi! I'm Shruti. Shruti Khanna."

---------------------------------×---------------------------

Let me know how's the chapter. Do vote and comment.

Stay happy, stay calm. Love you all ❤

Jai Shree Krishna 🙏🏻