CHAPTER-8

Navya's POV:

                           I was sitting on the canteen's chair and getting bored as Khusi didn't come to college today.

Didn't find anything to do, I ordered a cup of coffee and pulled out my addiction, the diary. I started to read again.

"Dear Diary,
05/09/20;

In this short frame of time me and Shruti became very good friends. We started to share every little details of our's with each other. I really liked her company very much. Whenever she was around me I felt like all my sorrow washed away. I even told her that I liked her as more than friends. She just smiled at me, didn't say a word. Yes, she didn't try to reject me like I thought.

Today I decided to ask her out on a date. I was really excited and nervous about her answers.

I went towards our secret meeting place that was the field behind our college. She was standing there, wearing a red frock. I went near her but she turned her head away from me.

"Hey! What happen?" I asked. "You're 5 minutes late. I'm not going to talk to you" She replied angrily. I chuckled at her childishness. "Okay, I'm sorry madam" I said and she smiled.

"Shruti, I want to ask you something?" I started nervously. "What? Why are you so nervous?" She replied seeing the drop of sweats on my forehead.

"Ac..... Actually, I want to ask you that will you go on a date with me?" I asked and closed my eyes waiting for the rejection maybe. After not getting reply for sometimes, I opened my eyes and looked to see Shruti smiling at me.

"I was waiting for this day only. I wonder when you'll ask or if I have to ask before" She said laughing. My happiness had no bound hearing her saying those words. I picked her up and twirled her around.

Shruti really did make me happy

Yours' truly
'Parth'."

I closed the diary with a bang. I gritted my teeth, my fists clenching. I couldn't tolerate Parth written about another woman. Obviously nobody could tolerate their love talking about their own love. Yes, here I said it I love Parth, I just love him. I didn't know what made me fell for him but I did. Yeah, it possible to fall for someone just by reading their life story, it's very much possible. Though I knew it's wrong of me to love someone else's boyfriend. Maybe they are engaged now or maybe married but what to do? I couldn't control my feelings, there was no hands of mine in this. Maybe this is the reason I wanted to see Parth so desperately, even if it's only for one time. I just wanted to see the face who gave me the beautiful feelings of love.

"Hey! Where are you lost?" A snapping finger broke me out of my trance. I looked up to see Rohan sitting in front of me.

I smiled at him. "Nowhere, I was just bored." I said and adverted my eyes. "Why your friend is not here?" He asked. "Why? Is someone's missing her?" I teased and saw Rohan laughed nervously. What's the matter? Am I missing something? Did he like Khusi?

"Hey Rohan! Can I ask you something?" I asked and he nodded his head taking a seep out of my coffee cup.

"Do you know Shruti Khanna? I mean can you tell me if she is still in the picture or not? I mean is she still his girlfriend or now his wife? Can you tell me?" I asked casually, hopefully hiding my jealousy.

Suddenly Rohan's posture changed, he got stiffen. He put the cup on the table and stood up hurriedly. His eyes angrily glaring me up and down.

I too stood up and put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down but he shrugged my hands.

"Listen Navya, it's none of your business. You don't have to know who this Shruti is. Stay in your limits, I know you are doing so many things for Parth but that didn't mean you will intervene his personal life. And for your kind information just know, Shruti is nobody just a nobody." He said through gritted teeth, still glaring at me.

I lowered my head in shame. I knew it was wrong to continue reading his diary even after getting all the information. But what did Rohan mean by 'Shruti is nobody'? They seemed so much in love with each other, then why Rohan have a problem with Shruti?

Rohan took a deep breath to calm himself down. "I'm sorry Navya, I just over-react. Please forgive me." He said holding his ears like a child making me smile immediately. I just shook my head and pulled his hands down from his ears.

He held both my hands in between his palms. "I'm not angry because you still reading the diary trust me Navya. You can read as much as you want. But I'm just saying that don't involve yourself in it. This is a big mess. I consider you as my little sister so please listen to your big brother. I don't want anything bad for you and definitely not want you to be heartbroken. And you'll be the only one getting hurt in all this, trust me." He said and smiled at me a little as I smiled back.

What did he mean by heart-broken? Why will I be hurt? Did he realise that I love Parth?

-------------------------------×-----------------------------

Let me know, how is the chapter. Do vote and comment.

Thanks for reading :)

Stay happy, stay calm. Love you all ❤

Jai Shree Krishna 🙏🏻