CHAPTER-3

Navya's POV:

                           "Now this will be the last class, I'm accompanying you. I'll not go to another one, no matter what; my legs are paining" Khusi whined as I dragged her towards the next class room of our college.

"This is the last class room we have to go you know as this is the last section of our college as per my knowledge" I said rolling my eyes at her drama.

"Hello! Can you guys please tell me if you know any Parth Saxena?" I asked and they all again shook their heads same as earlier ones.

Since morning me and Khusi we're doing only one work between our classes and that was going to every class and saw if there any Parth Saxena, but to no avail.

Though we found four Parth Saxena in the whole college but they all denied to claim the face of that diary's owner.

"Now you yourself see, there's no Parth Saxena in our college, maybe he is not a student of our college anymore. So now please leave the idea of giving the diary back to the boy and keep the diary from where you stole it" Khusi said trying to make me understood.

I huffed and sat down on the canteen chair. I looked at Khusi and shook my head. She sighed loudly and shook her own head like she was so done with me.

"Do whatever the hell you want, I don't know anything anymore, don't drag me in this" Khusi slammed her palm on the table, looked at me like I'm ridiculous, took her bag and got out of the canteen.

"You are not understanding it Khusi" I whispered to the empty chair and then laid my head on the table, closing my eyes.

I have to return the diary to Parth, I have to. The things I read about him in the first page itself made me too much sympathetic towards him. His life was not easy. I have my lovely parents and my whole families along with me. They love me, care for me, pamper me to the fullest, still sometimes I felt lonely and the urge to cry, I felt down and desperate like nobody is there for me. And here Parth had nobody except his two friends and Grandma by his side. I couldn't even think about the pain he had gone through and maybe still going since childhood. I know friends are so much important to us, thay can make us forget everything but parents' love is something else. We couldn't compare it with anything. I couldn't help but be horrified for them who were deprived of that heavenly feelings.

A tear drop escaped my eyes just thinking about his suffering. He had nobody beside him from his family but his Grandma. He is so lonely in this big selfish world. How could a mother and a father be this cruel to their own blood? And the most surprising thing is why I'm bothered so much about him? Why I'm thinking about him? Why thinking about his pain giving me so much heartache? Why I'm so desperate to make him happy by returning the diary, even if it's a little bit?

I could imagine how much this diary meant to him. His writing made it clear. It's a gift from his Grandma and maybe she was his only family, the only one who care for him and that's why he didn't want to lose it. No. No. I have to give it back. Khusi was not understanding my condition, obviously she wouldn't as I don't tell her anything about it. She just knew his name. I told her he only written his life event and nothing informative though it's partial truth. I didn't want to share his personal life with anyone, I'm feeling this protectiveness towards him. She understood or not I have to do my work.

I raised my head and wiped my eyes. I took out his diary from my bag. I have to know more about him, those information we're not enough. I have to know which class and stream he reads or at least the name of his friends, maybe they are also from this college.

I opened the diary and started to read.

"Dear Diary,
05/04/20;

Today is the worst day of my life. I didn't even want to think about today's incidence. My Grandma, one of my reason to continue my life, passed away today. The only person who I know as my family, who loved me, cared for me is no more. I don't know how I'll survive without her. I'm so lost right now and don't know what to do. Only 3 days ago she tested positive for covid and today I'm all alone, she just left me like this.

You know today my mom and dad, of I could called them that, came to her funerals. I'm surprised that they even knew or gave it a second thought that she was no more. Even then also the look on their faces were like they were so busy, like didn't even want to come there.

I never felt any bitterness towards them till now but today they crossed their limit and gained my hatred. The hate towards my own flesh is overwhelming me. I just wanted them to leave, I couldn't tolerate my Grandma's insult and when I asked them to do so they looked at me like they were glad and left immediately without a single word.

At least you don't leave me diary. You're the last gift of her to me. When I touched you I felt like she is still here with me, I could smell her from you. In absence of her I'll get my comfort from you. Please don't go far away from me, I couldn't afford to lose you.

Yours' truly
'Parth'."

I wipped another round of tears from my eyes. Now it's final, I will return his Grandma's last gift to him for sure, no matter whatever it takes, by hook or by cook.

-------------------------------×-----------------------------

So, let me know how's the chapter and please do vote and comment.

Thanks for reading :)

Stay happy, stay calm. Love you all ❤

Jai Shree Krishna 🙏🏻