CHAPTER-18

Navya's POV:

                           I was sitting on the bed, unable to sleep. Rohan and Krish's words were running through my head giving me a mere headache.

What were they warning me about? Why they didn't want me near Parth? What was so bad in him? Why did they saying such words against their brother?

God! Why everything related to Parth had so many questions? Why he was so mysterious? It's gonna bursted my head.

I stood up from the bed and walked out of the room. My throat was as dry as a desert and I really need water to keep myself going.

As I was passing Parth's room, I heard some noises inside. Curiosity got the best out of me. I put my ear on the door and hear Parth's voice inside saying 'no don't go. Please don't leave me. I don't wanna be all alone. Please'.

Who was he talking to? Was he having a nightmare?

I pushed the door hard thinking it was locked but no, it was opened. I fell down on the floor in the impact and then pulled myself up and turned to look at Parth on the bed.

He was shaking while sleeping. His whole body was covered in sweat. His breathing was laboured, in a verge of a panic attack. His face was distorted like he was seeing something terrible as he murmured the same thing again and again. So this was the condition Hara uncle was talking about.

I quickly ran by his side and started to shake him to wake him up, but to no avail. He was a heavy sleeper indeed.

No matter how much I called him, he was not budging. I didn't know what to do in that situation. Not getting any solution, I slapped him hard across his face and that seemed to do the work. He jerked up straight on his bed.

I gave him the water which was placed beside his bedside table. He gulped it in one go and he really did look horrible.

After some times his breathing came to normal as I murmured comforting words in his ear. He stopped shaking and his sweat started to dry.

"Now can you tell me what's your dream was about?" I asked and he looked at me with teary eyes.

He kept looking at me for sometimes and then hugged me to him, hiding his face inside my chest. He was acting like I was his sheild protecting him from all the devils of the world.

I too hugged him back, maybe I really did protecting him from his own monster. The monster he kept inside him.

"Calm down Parth here I am. Tell me what happened? Why are you so scared?" I asked, rubbing soothing circle on his back. He let out a deep breath and then pulled his head out of my chest.

"I..... I saw that, I was surrounded by everybody, by every persons I love. We were having a great time..... So much laughter and fun..... B..... But then eve..... Everything changed..... I turned to look around and nobody's there..... Everyone was gone leaving me alone..... And I..... I was falling inside a deep pitch black hole..... Just falling with nobody to hold me in place..... And that's when I felt that someone slapped me and I jerked from my slumber." He explained and I looked down. How could I told him that I was the one who slapped him? I stayed quite, continued to rubbing circles.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, after some times of silence. "I was going to kitchen, looking for water then I heard your voice while passing by your room that's why I came inside." I replied.

"Oh! Want me to company you?" He asked. "No. You just stay right where you're. Try to sleep again come on." I said and forced him to lay down. I started to run my fingers through his hair as he stared right back at me.

"Close your eyes or else sleep will never come." I said, putting my palm on his eyes. He took it and held it between his palms.

"Why do you choose to be my friend Crazy? You're so opposite of me. You're all good and I'm just full of flaws. Then why?" He asked, with tears sliding down his face. I knew his brain pushing him to think like this. It making him the biggest enemy of himself. He was the most flawless person I knew.

I sighed "Parth, flaws are simply small quirks that differentiate one beautiful person from another. The only flaws that make you ugly, are the one that you make inside yourself. Throw all of your insecurities Parth and look how beautiful the real you actually is."

He closed his eyes as more tears flowed from it. I wipped it and started to lull him to sleep, just like a mother did to her child.

I looked at his face. How could Parth wrote on his diary that he was nothing in front of his brothers? Have he ever seen his face in the mirror? Did he have any idea just how handsome he really was? He was the most beautiful person I've ever laid my eyes on, inside and out. I just couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was looking so innocent.

After I made sure that he felt asleep, I slowly removed my hand from his grip. I stood up to leave but suddenly something special caught my eyes.

His Diary!

I slowly walked up to the table and picked it up. I ran my fingers upon it just like the first time I did. After all it's that special thing that found me my Parth.

I opened it and a pen fell from inside it. Did Parth write something new? I started to check, egar to know what he wrote. Knew it's wrong but couldn't help.

Yeah, my prediction was right. One more page was covered with his beautiful handwriting.

"Dear Diary,
05/09/22;

After two long years, I'm holding you again. You didn't have any idea how much I suffered without your presence. You know how much I've think about you? How much I wished that I didn't leave you by mistake in the library?

You're the last memory of the one, whom I considered as my only family member. Now you're the one who gave me my brothers back with a little sister and a new bestfriend who is really crazy by the way.

I'm so happy to get you back, and all the credit goes to her, my crazy. It felt like I'm getting everything back in my life which once were snatched away from me, and it's all because of crazy. She deserved a big big thanks.

And now that I have you, I'll never let you go again. I've missed you so much.

Your's truly
'Parth'."

I put the diary after reading, grinning from ear to ear. He considered me as his best friend. 'My Crazy!' the words floating infront of my eyes, I could imagining his voice saying it again and again.

I turned back again to look at him and then silently came out of his room. If nothing more, atleast I'm his best friend now. I jumped up, with pure joy. The dryness in my throat was long forgotten.

--------------------------------×----------------------------

Let me know how's the chapter. Do vote and comment.

Thanks for reading :)

Stay happy, stay calm. Love you all ❤

Jai Shree Krishna 🙏🏻