CHAPTER 13

As much as we want a smile that the world gives us, it seems that it gives us pure blows, to cry in the solitude of fear and terror of not being able to be more than a simple soul to suffer in this world. But once someone said "To the strongest warriors, they are the ones who have the most difficult wars" and no matter how difficult they are, we must never surrender to the circumstances that put us in our way.

Mew learned that, he learned that he should never let himself down no matter how much it hurts, always show everyone that he can get ahead for his little Thanya. That same afternoon Mew was with Gulf in the tree, while Thanya ran with Gulf's friends, they both spent some time for the two of them to feel loved by each other, Gulf rested his head on Mew's shoulder while he just looked ahead with a beautiful smile on his face enjoying the younger, that day Mew did not want it to end, he did not want it. He wanted to stay in that illusion a little longer before everything returned to the reality that surrounded him, sometimes he just wanted to be happy. Is it too much to ask? He wants to love without fear, love no matter what others say or think, in the past he didn't care what others said about him, but now he feared that those he loved would get hurt because of him.

"When is Thanya's birthday?", Gulf asked suddenly.

"In about 6 or 7 months, her birthday is July 23", Mew answered looking at the little girl, who was looking at them with a beautiful smile.

"When is your birthday?", Gulf asked.

"My birthday is February 21, and you?".

"Ow!", Gulf stands up looking at the older man. "P'Mew your birthday is in a month".

"Do you think I don't know?", Mew answered funny looking at the younger. "You still haven't answered my question", Mew said.

"My birthday is December 4", replied the youngest. "Will you celebrate your birthday?", Gulf asked.

"I still don't know, I'll have a job that day, but I'm sure I'll do the same as every year", he smiles.

"What do you do every year?".

"Arriving home, being received by Nana and my dear princess along with my beautiful Yihwa, John and my nephews", he smiled wistfully. "Every day they helped me make everything that happened around me smile, every birthday they made me feel loved and important, I always looked for a way to return all that love to them...", Gulf could see a certain sadness invading Mew eyes. "Until... Everything changed..."

Mew knew that he had to forget, a year had already passed and for that very reason he did not open up to anyone other than his already formed ties, they took it upon themselves to destroy him, every molecule of his being of his soul, they sucked him like a vampire in search of blood to satisfy his thirst for blood, each person took it upon himself to humiliate him in the worst possible way. What was it that made this man, who used to smile at life, fight for all his dreams and goals, so that he ended up so broken?

Teasing and humiliation from his co-workers.

His boss always looking down on his hard work.

The times they hit him.

The times that the little he brings home was stolen.

When that man... Came into his life to only make him more miserable than he already was.

When they played with him.

When you only used it as a toy.

But despite everything, he never let himself fall, he always kept going for his little Thanya, she needed him strong and safe, but every day there were memories that he forced himself to repress so as not to remember those events, only nana and Yihwa knew what Mew had past, what he had to live for him to just move on before the world.

"How did everything change?".

Mew realized that he had talked too much, he shouldn't have mentioned anything about what was happening but he felt that if he didn't tell Gulf it was lying to him, he didn't want that, if they were really going to start something, they should start by telling the truth, telling him everything that happened and what he lived through, even if it is that he walked away or wants to continue with him despite everything that was broken.

"Gulf... I know I haven't been completely honest with you", Mew said with a muffled voice. "But I know what I have to tell you, who are you trying to have a serious relationship with?".

"P'Mew".

"Gulf I know that you will say that nothing will change", he said, looking at him with some fear. "But I prefer to tell you all this, than simply risk that what I feel for you grows more and more, and when I have you... I will be afraid to let go of you, I don't want to indeed?", he looked at him as if in supplication. "Let me tell you everything I have saved..."

But before he could continue, his phone interrupted the moment, causing both of them to smile so that the older man could see who was calling him, seeing who it was, he answered quickly.

"Is something wrong Yihwa? Did something happen with Nana?", he asked nervously.

"Mew", Yihwa answered in a small voice, something was wrong and she knew that. "She... She didn't..."

"I'm going to leave now", Mew said.

As he hung up, his tears began to fall from his eyes, he went for little Thanya and apologized to those present, without saying another word, he ran to the place where his nana was. Gulf clearly didn't know what happened, everything happened so quickly that he couldn't react in time, so when he recovered some sanity he dialed the number of the older man's best friend, who answered him immediately.

"What happened Yihwa?"

"Gulf where is Mew?", he asked suddenly.

"What happened P'Yihwa? P'Mew has run off with Thanya", Gulf said out of nowhere.

"Oh god, well Gulf, don't worry, we're fine, he'll be at the hospital, I'll let you know".

"P'... I..."

"See you goodbye"

What had happened??