You're A Firework

Bryce's PoV

I grumble in an annoyed way as Sakura starts to make noise. "WAKE UP! WAKE UP! NEW YEAR'S EVE!" I growl in slight anger as I wave my hands around. "WOULD YOU FUCK OFF ALREADY?!" "Babe, do you have to make so much noise?" Naomi asks. Hikari stands up as well. "Was it that flying rat again?" I sigh and nod at Hikari's question.

Well, that was a horrible way to wake up on a day that's supposed to be great. Yuki planned a date for me and Naomi, actually.

One day ago

Naomi and I just came back from a walk in the park. It snowed, so we both thought it would be a good idea. "Bryce, Naonao, splendid timing!" Yuki exclaims as soon as we enter the house. "What is it? Did Hikari switch Sakura's water with wine or something?" Hikari sticks her tongue out at her little sister.

Yuki smirks. "Don't worry, I hid the wine, she doesn't know where it is-!" "Is it the safe in the basement?" "HOW DO YOU KNOW?!" Yuki shouts. "Come on, I noticed it when I went down there, I'm not stupid!" "Damn you, Hikari!"

"Did you call us just for that?" I ask sarcastically. "Exactly, mom, spill the tea!" Yuki grins at both of us... Should I be worried? "You know where your uncle works, right?" "Uncle Shin? Of course!" Naomi answers. 

"Well, guess who has a date there tomorrow?" Yuki asks, still keeping up that grin. "You... You signed up on one of those bullshit dating websites?" "She's talking about us, you doofus!" Naomi says before hugging her mom. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"And what about the fireworks? You know, since we won't be able to be there." Not like I don't want to go on a date with Naomi, but, you know, curiousity. "Don't you worry, you just end this year with your own bang!" ...That sounds completely wrong.

Present day

Yup. A real date, at 5 PM. Staying home would be great too, but, again, I don't mind spending time with my girlfriend.

A few hours later

We had one more hour left, but Naomi is getting ready... And she has been for half an hour now. "Could you hurry up?! I need to get ready too! Also, I need to pee, like, BADLY!" "Just a moment!" I know her well enough, alright. That means 'give me one hundred years' when we talk about Naomi.

It's been fifteen more minutes and she still is 'getting ready'. "How much longer do you think you're gonna take?!" Naomi groans in frustration as she steps out. "Geez, calm down, I'm done!"

Naomi's PoV

For this date, I decided to let my hair down and put on a black dress. Bryce suddenly freezes up. "Are you alright? Don't you have to pee or something?" He still stands in front of me, gawking at me. I roll my eyes in amusement. "Sis, your turn."

I watch as Hikari grabs Bryce by his collar. "I DIDN'T MEAN TO, FORCE OF HABIT, PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!" he yells. As Hikari lets Bryce go, I smirk at him. "Alright, you can get ready now, I'm gonna put a jacket on." I say.

Bryce comes back in a black suit, a matching jacket and matching pants. Now I can't stop gawking... Until Hikari snaps her fingers at us. "Hey, both of you, back to Earth!" We both snap out of it. "Thanks," Naomi and I say at the same time.

Then, mom comes in, clasping her hands together. "You both look GORGEOUS!" Her expression darkens for a bit. "But don't you dare drink tonight!" she says. Yeah, no, thanks. Being jealous and vomiting on the day afterwards isn't really my style.

Bryce and I turn to my mom and Hikari. "Anyway, we're off, then!" Bryce says. Hikari nods. "Have fun, but not too much fun!" And there we have her passive-aggressive smile again.