Chapter 15: The first incident. A broken promise.

[EDITED]

I'm so so so sorry for the superrrrrrr longgggggg update ><! GOMENASAI! TT^TT. I wrote a longer chapter this time as apology. Ummm... Ano, and for the next few chapters, it will be more of flashback about what happened in their past. This chapter is dedicated to tifanitriwulandari and B3z4r1u5 . Knb do not belong to me~ And again, I'M SO SO SO SORRY><! Thanks for still looking forward to my updates~😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(RECAP)

She couldn't see his face but the way his familiar body was built or the fact that his jersey had the school name 'Kaijo', confirmed her doubts.

"Ryo-chan... "

Third POV

After the game between Seirin and Shutoku ended, Kise stood up.

"Where are you going? " Yukio asked.
"Meeting someone. " was all he said as he left.

There were no jokes, no smiles as he made his way to Seirin's dressing room. Just then, his phone rang. A call from his manager.

"Ryouta? About the ticket to Indonesia you asked just now, I've already booked it. Please come befor-... "
"...- Cancel it. "
"Wha-... " The line went dead.

Putting his phone back into his pocket, no one would have realize the man with the serious expression in front of them, was actually the famous, always smiling model. Along the corridor, he saw a small familiar figure in front of him. His expression changed a little as he recognized her. 'Mizukicchi... She haven't changed. Pfft, she still looks so short.'

If it wasn't because of how grave the topic he was going to talk to her about was, he would have cried happily as he crushed her with his famous hug. He saw that she was deep in thought before she looked up and saw him. His heart skipped a bit as her gaze met his. How long has it been? How long since he last saw her? He had missed her too much. He stopped in his tracks, waiting for her.

"Ryo-chan. "

For a second there, he completely forgot why he was there in the first place. Wasn't his plans to fly to Indonesia once her game was over? If he didn't, he would be dead, right? So why was he still here, right in front of her now? It was as though he had suffered from amnesia as he tried searching for the reason that seemed to have camouflage itself to the back of his mind.

But the next second, all his troubles were gone as his mind tried to register that she really was there. That that was really her voice. That if he reached his hand out, he could feel soft flesh. And that it wasn't just one of those dreams -or nightmares, as he called it- where if he tried to touch her, she would just blend into the air and dissolve into invisible nothing.

"Mizukicchi... "

He heard a funny sounding voice. He was still thinking how someone could make such a weird, laughable, high squeak voice when he realized, it was him. Hearing his own voice going an octave higher than usual, that realization somehow woke him up as the reason came back to him. 'The accident. That's what I was going to talk about.'

A bit more determine now, he walked up to her. Once they were so close he could look right down at her, he asked straightforwardly, "What happened to your legs? "

He thought he saw an expression of pain and sorrow flashed across her face before she smiled cheerfully up at him. "Huh? What are you talking about, Ryo-chan? If you mean that accident in that game before you came, it's still the same. Nothing really happened. "

Being a professional at faking smiles and cries, he could immediately tell from her face. Forgetting that he was suppose to escape from her, his instinct took over as he kneeled down on one knee in front of her so that they were face-to-face. His left hand wrapped her in a hug as his right hand patted her head. The smile left her face as her eyes widened. "Ryo-chan...? " But then few seconds later, she plastered that fake smile onto her face again as she teased him. "Did you miss me this much? "