Chapter 31: "Be so Happy With Me That You Forget The Darkness. "

The Past Returns

Hello!!! It's been so long and yes lazy me has finally updated!! And I've come up with an ending too!

Many of you unanimously opted for the Happy Ending while some wanted the Devastating one and the Others. Since too many of you wanted the Happy Ending Author-chan's afraid of making of of you my enemies so I'll follow suit.

Hahah just kidding! I wouldn't be me if I just end it like that without a twist somewhere right? Happy, Devastating or Others, I've already made my decision after reading though your comments and came up with something that's a mix and mash of everything. Hahaha I won't tell you what I have planned, I'll just say I'll still give you what y'all wanted and I might changed my mind along the way so you'll just have to read to find out!!

As always~ have fun reading because there won't be that many chapters left!! (I think XD)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(RECAP)

Whatever punishment it is, I'll accept it. That's what I said but... the longer the time I spend with you, the more my resolve is starting to break. However... this is a debt that's long been overdue, I can only pray it is not my life that will become the price. After all, I know how hard it is to be abandoned by the ones you love, that's why, I don't want to be the one to leave you behind. But... if my life is the only way for redemption, the only way to save my mother from her never ending cycle of hatred, I want to spend as much time with you as I can. That's why... I'm fine Daiki. As long as you're here, I'll be fine. So... don't worry and when the time comes...'

I really am sorry.

Third POV

"So, it's today. " a voice clouded with unmasked irritation thundered in the dining room of Akashi's beach house.

"Yes... " Kise almost let out a small frightened squeak as he quickly dug into his breakfast, feeling a thousand needles prickling his back. If sleeping within him, was a Dragon, then it stood absolutely no chance against the stare of the Demon because it had promptly went back to hiding.

But thank god there was still the Emperor who took the attention of the small girl away from him.

"Today shall mark the end of our training. " everyone around the dining table would have cheered if not for the scary aura still emitting off the small girl. The Emperor's first personality calmly took a sip of his tea and continued. "Sei will be going against Midorima and Kise... "

The Emperor paused and Kise could almost swear that a look of pure pity had crossed his eyes before he continued. "...will be going against Mizuki. "

The members of the GoM who had been sitting together around the dining table quietly eating their breakfast gave Kise an equally pitiful look before taking a nervous glance at their Diamond who was poking at her food.

"Y...Yui. " the Ace found his voice. "It's because you ate too much sweets yesterday but... it's f...fine, isn't it? It'll probably only last a few weeks if you don't touch any sweet stuff and-... "

One glare from the small girl shut him down as he promptly went back to the bland porridge with its blackened egg and undercooked fish she had so grudgingly made in her bad mood.

After a long pause, Mizuki Yui reached into her pockets and took out a sweet.

"Mizu, the dentist said you can't eat anything sweet with a decayed... " Midorima met her eyes and felt his voice lowering almost immediately. "...tooth. "

Without another word, she pushed her chair back and stormed out of the room.

"Akashicchi!!! How am I supposed to go against that today??? " Kise desperately looked at Akashi, praying that he, as the undefeatable Emperor, would provide an answer to his pleas.