Chapter 30: This Is My Retribution, That's Why... It's Fine Not to Forgive Me

Hiiii! This is your terrible author-chan finally done with this chapter-ssu >< Gomene I've just moved on to college life so I was a little busy. Still, I've been adding bits and pieces whenever I have the time and so, here's chapter 30! It's been 30 chapters long! That more than I could have imagined when I first started but it's thanks to all of you that here I am about to finish this fanfic! Thank you everyoneeeee!!!

This chapter will be dedicated to @aesthetic_ck for still being with me after these 2-3 years, @_BurriTooru for the comments that I always look forward to reading and @Tylightining for giving me emotional supports-ssu! Thank uuu!!!

As usual, Kuroko no Basket does not belong to me as well as the pics.

Just a warning though, it's a long chapter filled with timeskips and flashbacks so it'll help make it less confusing if y'all take notes of all the <timeskip> and {Flashback}!!

Have fun reading~!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(RECAP)

"2 years ago... " Aomine muttered. "You said the same thing. "

"You don't think... it's going to happen again? What happened 2 years ago... it won't happen again, would it? I wish this feeling would just go away but day by day, it just keeps on getting stronger. "

"No matter what happens, I'll definitely protect Yui. "

"You have to. Because that woman... " Kise gulped.

"She only cares about revenge. "

Third POV

Aomine Daiki quietly climbed onto the bed Mizuki Yui was sleeping on. As he pulled up the blanket to cover the both of them, the small girl snuggled into his warm chest.

"Daiki. " she mumbled with a smile on her face. "I like you. Very very much. "

The Ace frowned, a familiar uneasy feeling in his heart.

"No, I'm not getting you any sweet now, Yui. "

Immediately, the smile disappeared as she pouted. "Hmph, that's mean. "

"Just go back to sleep, you've eaten enough for a day, don't you think? "

"There's no such thing as 'enough' when it comes to sweets, don't you even know that, Daiki? " she grumbled in a disapproving tone.

"Yes yes, I'll get you some tomorrow, alright? " the Ace gave in as he petted her head.

"Promise? You're the best after all, Daiki! " she beamed, hugging the male before her. Yet, something about her eyes -those bits of anxiousness and perplexity- made the young boy in him want to give her a tight squeeze and tell her everything would be fine. "Everything's going so well... "

"Why? Are you scared something bad will happen? " he kept his own uneasiness away from his voice so that he sounded dependable enough for her to rely on. As usual, his love's instinct never fail to catch up on these things.

"It's always been like this, hasn't it? " she bit down on her lower lips. "Something always happen when it's like this... "

"Don't worry so much. This time, I'll make sure to protect you. " he pulled her closer and gave her a reassuring kiss on her forehead. "Definitely. So trust me. "

Before Mizuki could reply, a voice popped in suddenly as the cheery male entered the room. "Mizukicchi, you're not asleep yet? "

"Ryo-chan! Are you sleeping already? " the small girl sat up immediately with a smile.