Chapter 32: The Truth Behind His Change must be Brought to His Grave

Chapter 32 is here after much prompting from my readers (sowwyyy) and I've been rushing a little with a promise to update by this month. I don't mind all these rushing because they actually give me some motivation to write whenever I get stuck somewhere and forget about it ><

Here is the calm before the storm and the storm will be coming in the next chapter. Then, we'll have the final chapter and lastly, some extra chapters. Well, that's the plan anyway...

As usual, the pictures I found do not belong to me and so does some of the characters. Like and comment!

Have fun reading~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(RECAP)

Before he could turn that corner, the loudest sound he had ever heard, that one sound that shook even the ground, the sudden blinding light that seemed enclosed around him and the heat that made him feel as though he was in a furnace, stopped his heart for a moment.

After that explosion, the one word that entered his mind moved his legs faster than they had ever ran.

Yui!

Third POV

[Few Minutes Before]

"Add some soy sauce, add some salt~ " the small girl skipped cheerfully as she sprinkled some seasoning onto the pot of mixed vegetables. "Ah! Daiki forgot my goodnight kiss! "

She frowned as she turned off the fire on the stove.

"I'll call and scold him. And maybe he'll get me pocky tomorrow as an apology! " she grinned to herself and the thought of tomorrow's treats made her pick up her pace as she danced towards her phone in the living room.

Just then, the unmistakable sound of something or someone running outside entered her ears.

'Is Daiki out there?' She took a cautious step towards the window and looked outside.

Eerily quiet darkness greeted her yet the noisy thumping in her heart disturbed the silence. Looking around to see any movements outside, the silent night was suddenly interrupted by something dropping.

She bit her lips as she opened the windows carefully and slightly.

She called out into the vast darkness.

"D...-Daiki... if you're trying to scare me, I'll cry. I'm really cry. I'll cry and then you'll have to buy chocolates for me. I'm serious. I-...! "

The window next to her that suddenly broke made her jumped and she scurried a few steps back. A can of dense liquid had been thrown in with such force that the liquid inside had not only broken the window, but also burst and spread everywhere.

She took only one sniff and caught on immediately.

Gasoline.

A figure stood by the broken window with a manic smile. The small girl raised her eyes and they met. Those eyes that reflected such an excited sense of euphoria made her heart froze in fear instead.

The lunatic that stood by the window waved her hand robotically as it mouthed a gleeful farewell.

'Good riddance.'

With just that, something fell from her hands and she turned heels and left. The small girl watched with widened eyes as the lighted match fell in front of her.

The moment the match collided with the gasoline, she was threw back with such force she left an undeniable mark on the wall.

The explosion was so loud, the next second...