oneshot #12 - highschool sweethearts

•SHORTER STORY•
•THIS IS JS THEM BEING IDIOTS AND NOT REALIZING THEY LIKE EACH OTHER IN HS•

frankie's pov 😜:

Lunch started approximately 2 minutes ago and Nick still isn't in the lunchroom. Chris must be accompanying him because he's gone as well.

"Cmon." Nate said, waving me over to our regular table. Madi and Larri already were sitting there. Matt and I began to get into our seats.

"Have y'all seen Chris and Nick?" Matt asks, he refuses to be apart from them for longer than he has to.

"Dunno." Nate said, picking at his raw chicken.

"Don't eat that shit." Madi said, moving her lunchbox over to Nate, sharing her food. He thanked her.

"Hey why the fuck are you touching me--- oh hey Nick!" I said, my voice automatically softening when I saw him. I'm so obvious.

"Hi!" Nick says with a grin, Chris sits by Nate.

Nick gets comfortable beside me, offering me goldfish. I gladly accept. Our thighs touch slightly, both of us are wearing shorts.

Nick flinches for a second but eventually allows our legs to touch.

Nick might not know it, but he was my gay awakening.

I thought he was attractive when we first became friends, but the first time we held hands was when I knew I wasn't straight.

I'm not sure what I am but it's not straight I'll tell you that.

I zoned back into the conversation.

"Where were you guys at?" Matt questioning, inspecting Nick and Chris.

"Jeez Matt chill! We were gone for like 2 seconds." Nick says first, chewing on his sandwich.

"Well actually..." Chris began, "Nick was over there flirting with Zack!"

I saddened a bit I wish he liked me. but I smirked at the hilarious look on Nick's face. He moved closer to me and pointed wildly at Chris, who was beside me.

Nick glared at Chris, "You know damn well he was just giving me test answers!"

"You don't just give people test answers! He clearly likes you!" Chris yelled.

"Quiet!" Larri said, leaning down.

"I don't like him, he has a bad haircut!" Nick said, fake gagging.  "And besides, I already have a boyfriend, right here." He said with a grin.

Nick leaned his head on my shoulder for a moment. Nate and Larri let out "oooh's". I blushed from embarrassment but also the fact that Nick was practically sitting in my lap. He was so close to me.

I nodded with a smile on my face. We all continued to talk.

---

Larri and Madi departed from us, they ride the bus. Nate, Matt, Chris, Nick, and I walk home.

Nate and I love quite close together so we always make sure to walk home with each other after walking with the Sturniolos. Takes hours it seems. So complicated.

Nick and I walk side by side, talking about nothing and everything all at the same time.

"I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable or anything." Nick said, looking towards me. I caught his blue eyes.

"You could never make me uncomfortable, what do you mean?" I said, smiling softly at him.

"I don't know, I used to joke around like that with one of my other friends. They got uncomfortable. I never want to make you feel that way." Nick rambled on.