oneshot #24 - diamond

idea from: Your_average_omni

""frankie and nick have been dating for a year or 2, and Frankie tells Nick he has a surprise. And then eventually he takes him outside for a walk and Frankie doesn't let go of his hand. He's led to a place where Matt, Chris, Madi, Nathan, Larray and Arrington are filming. Eventually, Frankie kind of sings " i falling in love with you" by Elvis Presley and as the song fades he gets down on one knee and proposes and Nick cries and says yes and everyone cheers. When the videos are uploaded on YouTube the fans freak out (can be for you own reason, as in: no one knew Nick was dating someone, no one knew Frankie, they knew they were dating and loved the couple, people were being homophobic, etc.)"

3rd person pov

Nick and Frankie were getting serious. They were going on 3 years of being together. People kept asking "when are you going to get engaged."

Nick would always joke around saying— "I'm not sure, I hope he pulls out a ring soon." He would say to Frankie, poking his cheek. Frankie would laugh and laugh, but Nick had no idea that he was planning on doing it on his [Frankie's] birthday.

He had bought a ring already and everything. It had been sitting deep in frankie's side of the closet. A precious diamond, perfect to fit on Nicolas Sturniolos finger.

Nick had been asking "What do you really want for your birthday?" He'll kept asking.

Frankie always told him — "Being with you is fine. I don't need a gift when I have you." Nick would always kiss him and lean into him. Chris and Matt would cringe.

However, deep down, they couldn't wait for Frankie to be married to Nicolas. They loved the two together. Chris told Frankie a year into their relationship-  "I've never seen Nick so happy with someone before— romantic wise. He really loves you."

Frankie wrote down what Chris said. He keeps it in a box with memories of different events with Nick and his family. The triplets parents loved Frankie dearly. They had no idea he was planning on purposing, though.

—-

Everyone was in on recording the two's engagement. Frankie told them and sent them all the location. They were going to walk to a scenic area. That's when Frankie's knee would touch the ground and he'd say the magic words.

It wouldn't be unusual for Nick. The two love nature (besides the bugs) and normally walk and explore together. Frankie enjoys collecting different things he finds. Nicolas simply loves everything Frankie does.

"Alright, we'll be behind the trees and shit." Chris texted Frankie after being sent the address.

The forest was chilly, but the sun also beat down on the couple.

"I love these walks with you, Frankie." Nick spewed, interlocking their fingers.

"I just love being with you in general." Frankie laughed. His heart raced rapidly. He was terrified of the possibility of Nick denying his request. They walked in a bit of silence.

They discovered different rocks on their way. They stopped to pet deer, stray cats, and more. Frankie didn't let go of Nicks hand the whole time. Nick didn't try to pull away either.

The weather made Nick shiver. Frankie kissed his cheek.

"Almost there." Frankie said happily, following the trail. Nick sighed contently as Frankie hummed a song quietly. They reached the scenic overlook. The waterfall blared loudly but the river swayed. The clouds were puffy and alive.

Birds soared , but Nick wasn't scared because of Frankie's presence, he just gripped his hand tighter.

"Gorgeous." Nick said at first, taking numerous photos. Chris tried not to laugh behind the trees with Arrington. Larri and Madi shushed him. Matt and Nate were recording the second they walked into the area.

The scenic overlook was decorated with flowers and benches. Frankie's head pulsed

"What's that song you're singing?" Nick asked him, facing the opposite direction. Frankie finally let go of his hand.

"Elvis presley." Frankie smirked, fingering the rings box in his pocket.

"Nick—-" He started, taking the box out. Nick whipped his head around to see Frankie on his knee, opening the box to reveal a diamond ring. Nick gasped and covered his mouth.

"Would you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" Frankie asked, crying. Nick sobbed and nodded his head. Frankie took the ring and placed it on Nicks finger.

"Perfect." He said. Nick tackled him into the grass, kissing him over and over.

Suddenly, everyone who was camping out began cheering. Matt and Chris were tearing up.

"Hey yeah!" They yelled together, tears falling. Everyone hugged the two individually. Larri continuously filmed  until Nick pulled him in for a hug.

"You guys are the fucking best." Nick said with an unstoppable smile.

—-

Frankie, Nick, Chris, Matt, Madi, and Nate cuddled onto the couch. Arrington and Larri sat on the floor, editing together every video of their proposal.

"That's what I really wanted for my birthday." Frankie laughed with Nick.

"Y'know I never imagined that this is the way I would tell the fans about us." Nick said, giggling. Matt nodded.

"I'm still in shock that you're about to be my brother in law." Chris said.  "But i'm glad you will be."

"I cant believe I got to witness the proposal first hand. You got some balls Frankie." Nate said, taking a swig of pepsi. 

—-

The fans were shocked to see the video titled "NICK GETS ENGAGED!!"

They all congratulated them individually. They had an idea of Frankie. He was in one video with the triplets but he was labeled as Nick's friend—- until now.

Fans dm'd Nick, telling him how happy they were for him. He couldn't imagine it going any better than this.

—

*obvi i didn't reread

*obvi i didn't reread. what u except*