oneshot #18 - graduation

*highschool oneshot bc they my fav to write*
*i've never been to a hs graduation b4 so idrk how it works but bare w me*
*frankie & nick r dating but it isn't super relevant*
*short*

3rd person pov:

"I do NOT want to do this." Nick said, flinging his head back onto one of the numerous silk pillows that littered Frankie's bed.

"I just don't want to wear this stupid hat." Madi said, showing off her cap, decorated with glitter and a flower almost coming off.

"At least yours looks cool, mine has nothing." Chris said, fixing his gown in the mirror. He was the only one dressed. He always got nervous for school.

"Today should be fun guys!" Matt cheered optimistically, he played with stuffed animals on the bed.

"On another note." Nick said, ignoring Matt's positivity, he interlocked his fingers with Frankie's. Frankie had painted nails, red to match the gown. Nick held up their laced hands, "I love having a hippie boyfriend."

"What do you mean, hippie?" Nate said, furrowing his eyebrows. Chris pointed around the room.

"Are you blind, Nathan?" Matt asked with crossed arms.

"Maybe.."

Larri wasn't with them, he graduated last year. But he said, "No way in hell am I missing this." So he was in the audience for sure.

Madi spotted him almost immediately and wildly pointed. Larri had his phone covering his face, recording every second of the ceremony. Nate waved at his phone.

They had on different colored gowns, Madi and Nick had white. Nate had blue. Matt, Chris, and Frankie had red. Madi had longer hair than usual, she wore sunglasses.

"And up next we have..." The principal began.

"Chris Sturniolo." They were going in alphabetical order via first name. They called up more C names as Chris gripped his papers and shared his senior quote.

They continued this all the way to Nick, the last of the group to be called.

They each got rewards, in writing, sports, etc. As they made this way to their seats to continue the ceremony, Larri snatched photos of them walking. Nate smiled wide.

"Holy hell! We made it!" Madi shrieked as they threw their caps.

"The moment I've been waiting for." Matt said, throwing his cap like a frisbee towards a rude jock. The boy turned around but Matt ducked behind Nick.

"For fucks sake." They ran away. To Larri they bounced, climbing the stairs.

Larri hugged them each individually, showing them pictures he took as well.

—-
x:

—-x:

x2:

x2: