oneshot #16 - signs of jealousy

IDEA FROM Leowasdead I WOULDNT HAVE ANYTHING TO WRITE IF IT WERENT FOR THIS MOFO RIGHT HERE U GOTTA READ HIS NICK STORY

•THEY BOTH LIKE EACH OTHER & KNOW ABT THE OTHERS FEELINGS BUT ARENT TOGETHER OR WHATEVER•

•DIDN'T REREAD, IGNORE MISTAKES•

•THIS STORY IS DEF MÓRE LAZY, BUT YALL WILL BE FINE•

frankie's pov:

"I'll do a once over! You guys get ready in the car!" Matt yelled at everyone. He proceeded to climb the stairs to check his, Chris, and Nick's rooms for any loose materials.

We were going on a roadtrip, something we do quite often. This time we were traveling to Phoenix, Arizona for the 2nd time this summer. The triplets wanted to hang out with us for a bit until they returned to Boston.

As much as I love them and road trips, Matt can't drive fast to save his life. He always went slow and got us there late.

"It's a five hour drive! Use the damn bathroom I'm not stopping!" Matt raised his voice again, murdering my ear drums.

"Alright, mom." Chris said, rolling his eyes. Chris and Nick sat on the couch. Nate was already in the car.

"You guys are seriously sitting on the couch? Get the hell in the car." Matt scolded them, I hurried to the back seat before any possible argument broke out.

"Hey Nate." I said, climbing into the very back of the car, plugging in my charger.

"What's up?" He asked, looking down at a notebook. We had a light conversation, until Matt reached the car.

"My God! I can't stand them." He said, his face slightly red and warm. He looked ridiculous. Matt turned the volume up, the car shook.

"Matt! You're such a baby!" Nick spewed, sitting next to Nate. Chris of course unplugged Matt's phone and plugged in his own.

"Shut up, Nick." Matt said, fixing his mirrors. He looked over to Chris and scooted as far as possible. Nick sassily fixed his hair.

"Hey Frankie." Nick said to me, trying to calm down. He created a small smile on his face. His cheeks pink.

"Hey Nicky." I responded, he turned around immediately, bringing his attention to Nate.

I put in my headphones, because Chris & I's music aren't exactly the same.

---

2 hours passed, we were coming up on a rest stop. Matt had finally cooled down at this point and he was offering to stop. Nick hadn't spoken to me the whole time.

Not even a glance.

My blood boiled. I could feel myself get more upset by the minute. I counted down the milliseconds til the stop. I needed to get out of the car immediately before I exploded.

I went over what I could say to Nick if the subject came up. Over and over and over. My heart raced quicker as I played the conversation in my head. Everything could go wrong if I spoke up.

My throat burned and closed up.

Holy hell I was jealous.

"Rest stop is in 30 minutes." Chris said, reading the GPS.

I had taken out my earbuds moments ago, Nick leaned over Nate.

"You're doing great." Nick said, I could hear his smile.

I know that Nate and the triplets have been friends for a while, but I've never seen Nick and him like this. I swear they were flirting, but isn't Nate straight?

Nick knows I like him. Is he trying to make me jealous? These are signs of jealousy after all.

Nate looked up at Nick and smirked. Nate fixed his hair while remaining slight eye contact with Nick.

Is he blushing? I asked myself silently.

---

It worked. He made me incredibly jealous. It seemed like they were flirting this whole trip and I hated it. Stuck in the back, no one talking to me.

Not even Nick.

Up until this point, I was still imagining multiple ends of a conversation about my jealousy. I don't usually get jealous easily but when it comes to Nick.. Well that's a different story.

I don't want it to seem like I won't let him talk to anyone else, or jokingly flirt, but I just want him so bad.

Matt turned off the car and quickly hopped into rest stop.

"Cmon." Chris said to me, opening the back door. Nick got out without even looking at me. Nate pulled his chair forward for me to get out.

"Thanks." I muttered annoyed. Nate put his hands up in defense.

"Hey Frankie." Nick said again. Is he only going to say Hi to me? Will he never continue a full on conversation?

"For fucks sake, Nick." I said, walking over to bathroom.

"What?" He asked innocently, which made me feel horrible. Nick kept his voice soft as he followed me into the bathroom. I looked around for people inside the stalls. It was empty.

"Nicky, you know I like you and you've been flirting with Nate the whole fucking car ride." I said, splashing water onto my face. I rubbed my arm as I looked at myself. Why am I so horrible.

"I'm sorry I just--" I started up, Nick came behind me. I looked at him in the mirror. His blonde hair shining. He put his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't love anyone else like that but you. All I was doing was helping Nate with a college assignment." Nick told me with a chuckle. woah I'm an asshole.

"I'm so sorry." I told him. "I shouldn't have said thy shit. I'm so fucked up." I said, rubbing my eyes. I'm so ashamed of myself, why would Nick ever want me?

"I understand." Nick said, walking over to me. He embraced me. All the pain disappeared.

I need him.

"You're so perfect, Nick." I mumbled into his hair. He looked up at me and kissed my cheek.

"I know." He said, walking out to where the drinks and food were being sold.

" He said, walking out to where the drinks and food were being sold