🦢🍋: The Infirmary - Toge Inumaki

(In this setting Toge can speak normally so it's easier for you and me, reading and writing wise.😅✋🏼)

***

"Hey, Y/N have you seen Inumaki today?" One of my classmates asks and I shake my head "no" in reply.

"Why? Is something wrong?" Class is on break and everyone's having lunch and a couple of students stayed behind in the classroom. I stayed with my friend group behind and I'm standing on near a desk having my arms placed behind me holding myself up. Im leaned opposite way from the blackboard facing the person's desk behind me.

"Not sure. I haven't seen him in a couple days and I thought you two were close." They reply and I just shake the comment off.

We were close but he's recently broke up with me and after a couple days of attending school he has been skipping. I haven't talked to him since the break up ten days ago and I haven't seen him for the past two. There are nights when I debate on texting him but my ego doesn't allow me. He broke up with me due to come lame excuse and it pisses me off.

"You haven't spoke to him even after what happened?" My friend asked and I shake my head "no" in response.

"Why not? You two were so good together you shouldn't hold a grudge against him, what if it's a serious problem." Another one says. I just cross my arms and shrug off their opinions, I do still care for him but the situation I'm placed in right now sucks.

"Why should I care FaiFai? He's the one who broke up with me and I'm still confused about why he did it." I reply back. I look away from the group trying my best not to cry in class. Thankfully the bell rings for the next class to start and everyone begins to shuffle back into class and adjusting to their seats.

***

My friends and I are packing up or supplies and getting ready to go home. We were exiting the classroom door and I was stopped by this random girl, she's pretty tall.

"Hey, you're Y/N correct?" My friends and I stare at her and then give each other looks to debate on answering the question.

"If you are I have news about Toge Inumaki." She says.

"Why would I care about him?" I say back and she gives me a chuckle and I feel a bit embarrassed.

"I know where he is and he told me to come fetch you, my name is Maki. I'm a friend of Toge's." Friend? I've never heard him talk about her and I've never seen her before either.

"Why should I believe you?" I ask, genuinely she could be lying and trying to trick me.

"You sure are stubborn. Toge is sick and told me to get you because he wants to see. He said he has somethings he wants to talk to you about." My heart sinks into my stomach. Hearing that Toge is sick still makes me upset.

"Where is he?" I asked with worry in my voice.

"I'll take you to him. I don't want to be rude but your friends can't tag along." Maki says and I look over at my friends and they give me their nod of trust. They have my number and I have theirs so if anything goes down I can easily text them.

***

She takes us to this gigantic school and I can't read the ancient texts on the building so I don't know where I am. I remembered the stops and street names to find my way back home. I doubt Maki would go out of her way to assist me with the way back. I understand the writings that say "High School" but I don't know anything else.

"I'll take you to the infirmary. If anyone comes up to speak with us let me do all of the talking. We're not really allow to have strangers in the facility." Maki tells me and I nod in response. There is a weird and heavy energy around here and I feel extremely uncomfortable.