Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I turn the car around and head back towards the pack house while wondering hard. It takes me some time to reach the iron gates of the pack house. Once the security lets me in, I park in the driveway and step out. The pack house is bustling with activity, with wolves running around and preparing for the upcoming full moon.

My heart skips a beat and I walk inside. The chilling weather forces me to tighten my coat around my body.

"Ms. Aurora?" A female omega approaches me and asks as she finds me waiting at the entrance of the pack house.

"Yes," I nod and look around. "I came here to see the alpha."

I haven't been to the pack house plenty of times, only a few, during events and occasions, mostly when I was young. Mama took me every time she found an opportunity to do so. She wanted me to find my mate as soon as I could so she could set me off with him.

The pack house is a massive structure, built of stone and wood. It has a large courtyard with a fountain in the center, surrounded by lush greenery and colorful flowers. The main entrance leads to a grand hall, with a high ceiling and marble flooring.

The female omega smiles at me. "Let me take you to him." She turns around and I began to follow her.

There are several rooms branching out from the hall, including the dining hall, the meeting room, and the library. As I walk through the hall, I see several wolves lounging on the couches and chairs, engrossed in their own conversations. I can hear the sound of laughter and chatter echoing through the halls.

"Here's Alpha Gabriel's office." She stops in front of a large door and knocks on it twice. Once she hears his voice, allowing us in, she reaches and opens the door for me. I smile and thank her before she walks away.

My chest tightens. I haven't been in close proximity with the alpha, especially alone. The last time I came here was with my mother, she pled for a cure for her condition and he agreed he'd find something—if he could.

"How's your mother, Aurora?" He asks while remaining seated on his throne that's located in the middle of his room.

On the walls, there are shelves filled with books, and a large map of the pack territory hangs on the far wall.

"She's—" I try to find words but my throat tightens. I've always remained sheltered by my mother, but once she got sick, I had to be everywhere, talk to everyone and deal with everyone. "The same, Alpha. It hasn't gotten any better." I whisper, my voice low and slightly filled with fear.

He leans forward and places his arms over the table while connecting his hands at the same time. I look up, seeing the shadows and wrinkles on his face. Alpha Gabriel has been in rule for over twenty years. He took his father's place when he become thirty-three and has been ruling since then.

Some white hair appears over his beard and parts of his face. I don't look for long as it's disrespectful. My head lowers along with my gaze.

"There's something I've found for you," He trails off. "It's vampire blood that I was able to retrieve from a vampire yesterday night."

My face fills with hope and a small gasp escapes my throat. "Really?" I ask, excitedly. My heart jumps twice at the thought of my mother making it through all of this.

A smile widens over his face. "Yes, yes, I've it in my possession. It's only a little and it was quite difficult to get," I hold my breath while waiting for him to continue. "Do you want it for your mother?"

"Yes!" I exclaim, nearly jumping off my feet.

Anything to make her feel better.

Alpha Gabriel raises up from his sit and began circling around me. His body's large, his shoulders wide, and a little beer belly hanging out. He sits over the desk, near to me after a moment of pacing around. His feet nearly brushes over my knee but I quickly move my knees away from him.

"You can have it, Aurora," There's more coming—I know there is. "But in return, I want something. As you know it's a difficult task to find a vampire yet alone get his blood. It took plenty of hours for my men to find one nearby."

"Anything. I'll do anything for it, Alpha." I tell him, my heart still racing rapidly. I can't think of anything beyond the fact that my mother's going to live, she's going to heal and live a long life.

"Anything?" He raises a suspicious brow.

"Anything," I murmur.

He looks away from me and shifts over the table before clearing his throat and continuing, "As you are well aware that since my wife has died, I'm in search of another one, a younger one preferably. And I've always had my eyes on you since the day you came to the charity event with your mother two years ago—"

"But, Alpha—"

Before I have the chance to say anything, he cuts me off. "Don't interrupt me when I'm talking, Aurora. I'm looking for another wife and in exchange of becoming my wife, I'll give you the vampire blood your dying mother needs." He continues.

My hope crushes and horror fills my face as I realize what he wants from me in return—to marry him. How can I? My heart drops at the sound of it all. I no longer know what to think or do.

All I can think is of my mother. I can save her, but in return, I have to marry Alpha Gabriel.

"My mother will kill me if she knows."

"You don't have to tell her anything until later on and by then, she'll accept. Think about it. You have the chance to save your mother's life and become a Luna of this pack. It's every girl's desire." A grin spreads over his face as he waits for my answer.

I can hear the sound of my heart thudding in my ears and a warning not to. Alpha Gabriel has had two wives in the past and they both died five years after the marriage. I can't marry a man like him. He's a powerful alpha and he runs a pack.

But my mother—

"I'll do it, but she can't know about it until she has healed," I tell him, not thinking anymore of it.

Anything's better than losing my mother forever.

"Are you sure, Aurora?" He asks while leaning forward and placing a hand over my shoulder.

I shiver under his cold touch, it makes my body tighten with nothing but fear. "Yes," I nod and reply, my voice as low as a whisper with terror laced around it. "I'll do as you want me to do. Anything. But why me, Alpha?" I ask him.

His hand tightens over my shoulder as his face fills with glee. I don't know if I should be disgusted or not—I try not to be. "I told you, I've had my eyes on you since you were little," His fingers slip under my chin before he grabs my face in his hand. "And you have a pretty face and a young body to carry my pups."

I swallow hard at the sound of it. A chill runs down my spine and I can't move from my seat. I've had dreams about my mate and spending the rest of my life with him, but it appears like it isn't an option anymore. As much as I want to run out of here, I can't, I have to think of my mother and the condition she's in.

Everything else came later.

"I'll do as you say. But when can I get the vampire blood?" Raising my head, I ask him.

His hand leaves my face and he leans back over the large wooden table. "On our wedding night. It will be a small ceremony, quick and you can get the vampire blood after the consummation."

Read up to chapter 50 on Patreon or Inkitt. www.patreon.com/miakerr www.inkitt.com/miakerr