Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"I want to apologize—"

"For what?" He leans in, his breath hot against my ear. "You can't do any wrong, can you?" He's standing right behind me, only inches away and it makes my heart race.

I turn around and see him, finally. There's a darkness over his face and his eyes. He's hungry, starving and I made him like this. Guilt begins to kill me the longer I see him. I did wrong, I've to fix it, him.

"I'm sorry," I choke out a moment later. "I realized that I had done wrong by draining those blood bags and I'm sorry for it."

"The damage is already done, and you shouldn't be here right now. I could still rip you apart and drain you of your blood because that is what every inch of me wants right now," he steps away from me and shakes his head while going further into the room. I follow him with no intention of leaving. When he reaches the bed, he turns around. "Don't make a villain of your story. I've heard your apology and I'll take it into consideration." There's a frown that stretches over his face and it makes me want to undo everything.

But it's already too late.

He sits on the bed and folds his leg over the other one before leaning back. I stand near the wooden edge, my both hands curled around the flashlight. Words come and go in my mind, but I still can't seem to find the ones to say. His eyes, slightly narrowed, remain on me.

"I know I can't undo what's been done. But I want to make it better," I say, my voice barely above a whisper. "You can drink from me if it's going to make you feel better." I understand what I'm offering him and it's not the greatest option.

Surprise crosses over his face as he registers what I've offered. I purse my lips, waiting for his response. I don't fear him taking my blood, especially willingly. It's just blood for me, nothing more while for him, it's everything.

"Come here," I walk over to him till I'm in front of him, standing still. He leans forward and takes my hand. My fingers curl as he turns my hand around. His hungry gaze falls over my wrist and for a moment, I see the urge in his eyes to drink my blood. My chest raises and drops as he trails his thumb over my throbbing veins, feeling the blood thrumming through it. "I'm not going to drink from you, Aurora." He says before dropping my hand and looking up at me.

"Why not?" My whole body shudders again. I don't know what's wrong with me anymore, or why I'm feeling like this, so small, in front of him.

"Because I'd rather drink from someone else than drink your blood and you're not willing, you're desperate. You don't want me to hurt you, you want me to relish you and your little wolf tonight and you're going to do everything it takes for it to happen," He quickly reads me, my fucking mind and I don't realize it until I hear him.

I step back, in surprise as he grins at me.

"Oh, how the tables have turned. I warned you of your heat, didn't I?" His grin widens and the color on his face returns, even without drinking any blood. "It's going to be a painful one."

Now, standing at his mercy, I consider my actions. My wolf hurls inside me, in need. I can't control what she feels, or what I feel, not tonight. Any other night and it would've been completely different. I wouldn't be here, to begin with.

But tonight, I want things I can't have.

"You've survived hundreds of days of heat, haven't you?" His voice drips with amusement as he questions me. I know he's teasing me and doing nothing more.

I bite my lower lip, trying to steady myself in front of him. "Yes, but it's never been like this before. It's worse and I don't know what to do," I pause and my eyes trail over him, his body. It's surprisingly looking appealing to me tonight. I step closer, near to him. "I need some relief, Zade. Please. I won't cause any trouble anymore if you just—"

My breath hitches.

"Just?"

"You know what I want." I can't seem to find the words to bring to my lips even when they are there in my mind.

"I do. But wouldn't it be better if I simply watched you wither for me for the next few days?" He smiles again, keeping his eyes fixed on me. I can see how much he's enjoying all of this, even when starved.

My lips turn into a frown. "Don't be cruel."

His eyes darken and he raises his hand before slipping it between my legs. His fingers trace higher along my thigh, teasingly slow, setting my skin on fire with every delicate stroke. A soft breath escapes my lips, a response to the effect his touch has on me, only tonight.

"What if being cruel is exactly what I desire, Aurora?" He asks, a playful smirk on his face. "What if I take pleasure in seeing you squirm, in watching you beg for something only I can give you? After all, I hold the power to give you what you crave, or deny you completely."

My stomach twists as his hand reaches the apex of my thighs and rests in between. It's like a jolt of electricity that spreads through, setting every nerve on fire even when I'm still wearing my clothes. I arch into his touch, my body craving more of his contact.

When he draws his hand away, it leaves my body throbbing with an ache that demands attention. I look down at him, my eyes clouded with desire, silently begging for his touch to return. There's no one who can be that cruel to his very own mate.

"You want more, don't you?" He asks, knowing exactly what's going on in my mind.

I nod and whisper, "Yes."

As I stand before him, he captures my wrist once more and trails a thumb across my arm. The hair over my skin rises and I stifle back a breathless gasp.

"Why don't you take off your clothes and show me just how desperate you are?"

Read up to 60 chapters on Patreon, or on Inkitt.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr

Inkitt: https://www.inkitt.com/miakerr/subscriptions