Chapter 26

Chapter 26

My heart clenches at his words, his voice brimming with raw need. It scares me, the intensity, but at the same time, it draws me in, and calls my wolf out. My eyes trail him as he lowers his mouth to mine.

I don't resist him. I can't.

My eyes shut and I kiss him back. His hands travel down my waist before settling on the sides of my hips. There's only an inch of distance between his body and mine, and I want to close it.

I want to feel him on me, inside me. The sensation from the night earlier returns between my thighs when I think of him. There's only so little I've felt and I know there's more. A lot more.

My arms wrap around him, pulling him closer and deeper. My heartbeat quickens at every passing second. A part of me is completely terrified and another part is needy, wanting to be pleasured, explored, taken.

When his lips part, and I see his eyes, there's something known within them or maybe it's his vulnerability. It's comfortable, safe. It's as if I've been here before, with him, so close to him.

My body shifts, melting into his.

"I want to make you mine, Aurora," he murmurs, his breath warm against my skin as he lowers his mouth to my neck and then my collarbone. "I want you to feel nothing but me, to lose yourself to me. Tell me you trust me."

I swallow hard, my breath hitching at his words. My heart pounds as he presses his mouth against my skin, slow, tormenting kisses.

"I do," I whisper, even though part of me is screaming to run, to hide. But my body—my body wants something different, something more.

He moves again, his hand trailing lower and slipping under my shirt before brushing against my bare skin. His fingers, his hands, they are all skilled. Almost as if he has done this before.

The thought of that doesn't infuriate me.

Instead, it sends an odd thrill coursing through me. Because despite the woman who might have come before me, right now, at this moment, he's mine, my mate. His touch, his attention, his desire, all focused on me and no one else.

Every time his fingers move over my skin, my body arches towards his touch. His fingertips trace lazy circles on my stomach, inching their way up to my breasts before he fills his hands with them. I arch my back and bite my lips. The strong feeling of pleasure returns between my thighs and I want nothing more than to be taken.

His tongue traces down, between my breasts, and slowly over my lips, leaving a wet trail that's going to remain there forever. I suck in a breath as he drags one nipple between his teeth. The sharp nip of his teeth, hinting at the predator within, sends a shiver through my body.

I let out a soft moan, my fingers tangling in his hair, holding him close.

"I want to taste you, Aurora," he whispers, his voice a low growl. "Not just your blood," He slides my shirt off my shoulders and moves toward my pants. "Every inch of you. I want to savor you until it's all I know. My blood thirst is nothing compared to the thirst I have to taste your wetness right now."

My breath hitches as he slides my pants down my legs, his gaze still burning into mine. The way he says my name, quietly, it's like a prayer. A dark, sinful prayer.

His fingers brush against the inside of my thighs, his touch gentle. My legs part wider, the scent of heat spreading through the air while he lowers his head...to taste me.

His mouth against my inner thigh is shockingly hot compared to the rest of him. My hands fist the sheets beneath me as his lips press gently against my skin. He leaves a trail of kisses along my thigh before his mouth moves closer to where I need him most.