Chapter 2: My 17th birthday

(What winter's fox looks like)

Winter's POV

I woke up to my parents treating me to breakfast in bed.
"Happy birthday" they said in unison.
"Thank you" I said taking the plate full of pancakes eggs and sausage.
"Your welcome we'll be downstairs if you need anything" my dad said and kissed my forhead before he and Mom walked out. They had been walking on eggshells around me because the doctor officially proclaimed me as human yesterday.
After i finished eating i turned myself in bed to look at the time it read 12:37. Only 6 minutes till my actual birthday.
I started to walk downstairs and noticed a weird sensation flow through my body it wasn't exactly painful but it wasn't pleasant either. I stumbled down the rest of the stairs and put my dishes in the sink.
My whole body started to ache as I began trembling on the couch.
"M-mom someth-ings wr-wrong" I stuttered as I felt the first wave of pain wash over me and I shut my eyes.
"AGHHH!" I screamed out in pain as I fell on to the ground curled in a ball. My mom and dad rushed to my side to figure out what was wrong.
"Are you ok? Kaydon call the pack doctor!" My mom shouted and my dad's eyes fogged over meaning he was mind linking someone.
"It'll be alright sweets the doctor will be here soon. I promise" she says rubbing soothing circles in my back.
Another wave of pain washed over me this time not as bad as the other one. A few seconds later another wave but not as strong as the last. This went on for 3 minutes before the pack doctor flew in with his medical thingies. By now the pain had decreased a lot while during those three minutes I heard bones cracking.
Omg I'm shifting! I thought to myself.
"Well she is shifting but it doesn't look like a wolf?" The doctor said but it came out as a question.
"Jess I don't think she's a werewolf. She kind of looks like a fox?" Again it sounded like a question but that was from my dad and I really didn't hear any of it because I was trying to block it all out and the doctor left when he said that I'll be fine after I shift.
"She must've gotten the jean from my mom. She was a fox spirit" my mom said but again it was a mumble to my ears and i did not understand it.
By now the pain was completely gone and I felt like running and stretching and playing.
'Hi I'm Caitlin. I'm your fox' she said excitedly.
' Excuse me but I'm a werewolf not a fox' I defended myself but confused as to why she called me a fox.
' Sorry to be the fox with bad news but you are a fox spirit' Caitlin said.
' Why wouldn't my parents tell me? How could they ' I said now getting angry.
' Calm down. They probably didn't know' she said defending them.
' Wow so I'm really a fox huh' I asked her.
' Yes we are ' she said.
I opened my eyes for the first time since the pain took over.
My parents were looking at me with wide eyes and I'm assuming my brother and sister were still asleep upstairs.
"Honey shift back we need to talk" my mom said using the pet name she gave me when it was serious. I nodded and rolled out of the baggy clothes that didn't rip when I shifted. After I carefully picked them up with my canines I went to the bathroom. When I walked in I put my front paws on the sink to admire my new figure.
I loved it instantly. Caitlin and I were beautiful with white fur and a few patches of grey. We had one blue eye and one brown eye. She was absolutely magnificent.
When i was done oggling myself I imagined my tall human figure with waist length brown hair and brown eyes. When I shifted back it was painful but not nearly as painful as the last time which I was grateful for.
I shrugged into my over sized sweats and shirt because my undergarmets ripped and then walked out of the bathroom.
"Sit down please" my mom said motioning me to sit next to her so I did.
"Your not a werewolf sweety" my dad began talking.
"I know. I'm a fox spirit" I said nonchalantly.
"H-how do you know?" My mom stuttered.
I had to bite back a laugh at that "my fox told me her name is Caitlin and I looked in the bathroom mirror isn't she beautiful?" I asked.
"Yes she is. We want you to know that you will still be alpha and you got that jean from your grandmother" my dad said.
"Ok now that we got that settled we are meeting a new pack that moved in a few days ago in three days and you start school tomorrow so you might see some of them there because your school is on neutral land" my mom said.
"Ok I'll be back in an hour or so I'm going out for a run" I said walking outside.
"Ok be safe!" My dad shouted ad I closed the door.
' Overprotective am I right?' I asked Caitlin.
' Ya now let me in control I want to stretch out these new legs '
I shifted into my fox and ran off letting Caitlin get more in control each step but right before Caitlin won full control I smelt the most wonderful smell I have ever smelt.
Pine and chocolate. Weird I know but they went so good together.

Oooooooo what does that mean? I don't know read what I'll write next time because in going to bed I'm tired cause i didn't get any sleep last night because of you this all your fault!

Love y'all anyway