Item #: SCP-4999

(AN: *Sigh* I know sorry can't be enough for this but. I'm now in 3rd semester in college and it takes a lot of my time, that doesn't count how many games that I need to up to date to the current version and play it. Sorry for dissapearing for a year. I don't forgot about this book, it's just that college is exhausting. At this point I might forgot something about this book. Sorry if some characters is a bit OOC.)

ITEM #: SCP-4999.

Object Class: Keter.

Special Containment Procedures:
Due to SCP-4999's unwillingness or inability to appear before more than one person at a time, in addition to the subsequent and immediate death of any who witness it firsthand, SCP-4999 is effectively self-containing. Any reports of SCP-4999 manifestations captured by security camera feeds, photographs, or similar are to be investigated, and the media confiscated for analysis. All secondhand witnesses among the civilian populace are to be amnesticized.

"Must've been an introverted." Kaga cupped her chin.

"Well, some anomalies doesn't want to get seen." Hipper shrugged.

Description: SCP-4999 is a humanoid entity of unknown origins and composition. Its physical appearance varies, with dark formalwear being the only constant between manifestations. Due to the rarity of recorded SCP-4999 manifestation events and the highly specific circumstances in which they occur, little data concerning its nature or intent is available; however, its behavior is consistent across all recorded sightings.

"So the SCP follow a set pattern to operate?" Enterprise asked.

"YES."

SCP-4999 will manifest only in the presence of one solitary human person at a time. All subjects recorded to date have been in terminally poor health, critically injured, or on their deathbeds, with SCP-4999 appearing nearby and within sight of the individual not more than 20 minutes before their expiration. SCP-4999 will only appear if the subject is conscious and alone. It will not appear if the subject is comatose, asleep, or unconscious; nor will it appear if they are being cared for by, in the company of, or otherwise being directly observed by another person.

"It's as if... The SCP cares for them?" Warspite stated with a hint of confusion.

Upon manifestation, the entity will seat itself directly adjacent to the subject's bed, if such furniture is available. If not, it will remain standing or sit on the floor/ground in whatever configuration will allow it direct physical access to the subject without causing disturbance. Once situated, it will remove a pack of cigarettes from its left inside jacket pocket and offer one to the subject. If the subject accepts, SCP-4999 will place it between their lips, remove one for itself, and light both. If the subject declines, SCP-4999 will light and smoke the cigarette instead. The entity will make physical contact with the subject, typically via holding their hand, placing its hand atop theirs, or resting its hand on their shoulder.

"That's so sweet of him." Javelin smiled.

"Yeah, this is the first time we get to know about a SCP that isn't hostile." Z23 nodded.

SCP-4999 will then remain with the subject, silent and unmoving, until they have passed away.

"Making sure their subject don't die alone... I'm sure for some people dying alone makes them feel worthless." Hood sighed.

"But atleast the SCP is there to keep them company in their final moments..." Bismarck smiled.

Everyone agrees with her. At least there are still good SCPs out there like SCP-4999.