Chapter 16 - Blaze

Amid the cacophony of traffic, the persistent rhythm of raindrops dominated my auditory landscape, accompanied only by the hum of the car's engine. My lips curled involuntarily into a resigned "tsk," punctuating the humid air as I surrendered to the lure of another cigarette. The glow of the flames cast even deeper shadows on my already hate-shaded face.

Hours had passed since I had parked here, trapped in an impenetrable silence. My eyes, a frozen void, betrayed nothing but the absence of emotion. As the rain intensified, its staccato beat on the roof of the car became more pronounced.

Moisture invaded even my cigarette.

In my mind, thoughts swirled like a storm, each more haunting than the last. The raindrops became a raw chorus, echoing my inner turmoil, a reflection of the chaos that was stirring my soul.

"You thieving bastard," I uttered, the words finally escaping my clenched jaw. "I'll make sure everyone you care about ends up ashes".

Cain's face materialized in my thoughts. The intensity of my rage rose like a tsunami, relentless. The impact of the rain on my skin only fueled my hatred, each drop a reminder of the vengeance I intended to unleash.

Dropping the freshly smoked cigarette, I pulled another from my pocket, only to see it crack at the touch of rain in an instant. The failed attempt to find solace in the cigarette only fueled my growing anger. My hands clenched involuntarily, the wetness seeping into my bones.

A low curse escaped my lips. The wet cigarette might have been an impediment, but it served as the catalyst I needed to set my plan in motion.

Concluding that I had wasted enough time, I took a small bag from the trunk and positioned it prominently at the entrance to Cain's residence. It was a warning, a silent proclamation of impending consequences. I was confident he would understand the implications and the message I wanted to convey. I climbed back into the car and a smile crept across my lips, the certainty that the message had been emphatically delivered giving me a sense of satisfaction. The stage was now irrevocably set for our inevitable confrontation.

Turning on the headlights, I reveled in the thought of the pain and suffering Cain was about to feel. The obsidian shroud of night seemed to echo the darkness that had gripped my heart.

My thoughts then turned to Scarlett, my mind conjuring up a series of sinister scenarios involving her. My contemplations twisted into a tapestry of sadistic satisfaction as I imagined the torments I might subject her to, my lips curling into a wicked smile.

As these dark imaginings flooded my mind, my face contorted into a disturbing grin, a display of perverse satisfaction bordering on psychosis. It was the kind of smile only the insane could conjure. My eyes flashed with evil glee, imagining her eyes filled with terror and hearing her pleas for mercy. The prospect of shattering her resistance, reducing her to a mere plaything, ignited my depraved lust for vengeance, consuming me completely.

A chilling whisper slipped from my scarred lips, dripping with venomous intent.

"I'm going to fuck you both in very unique ways," I said, and with that ominous proclamation, I pressed the pedal to the floor, the roar of the engine piercing the night.