Chapter 31 - Blaze

I was eager to find out what Scarlett and Cain had been discussing. My pulse raced as I wondered if she had told him the truth. I got out of bed and hurriedly dressed.

As I pulled up the zipper on my pants, I hesitated and glanced back at the woman sleeping in the bed. Her red hair was splayed out across the sheets, and for a moment, I could almost believe it was Scarlett lying there.

The only reason I had decided to spend the night with her was because I couldn't stop thinking about Scarlett. I quickly put my shirt on and quietly left her room. As I buttoned up my shirt, flashes of last night's events replayed in my mind.

As I fucked the woman whose name escapes me now, all I could think about was Scarlett. I almost let out a moan with her name on my lips, but luckily the woman was oblivious. In every way possible, she paled in comparison to Scarlett—not only was she vastly more attractive, but her oral skills were unmatched.

Scarlett's ability to make me feel intimately satisfied again was questionable. Sex had become almost like a chore in recent months, and I was surprised that I could even become aroused in such circumstances. She had the power to make me lose all restraint, and I longed to have her beneath me once more. However, she was likely with Cain, lying in his bed while he thrust deeply inside her.

At least, that's what I would have done if I were him.

I tightly shut my eyes, trying to banish the image from my mind before I lit a cigarette. It was a good idea to swipe this woman's pack of cigars. I had smoked all mine and wasn't in the mood to go down to the shop below. As I stood and leaned against the iron bars, I watched the sun slowly rise on the horizon. The gentle breeze brought relief as I had started to feel too hot in her cabin.

My mind was drifting back to old memories when a familiar voice jolted me back to the present.

"BLAZE!!!", Scarlett screamed. I spun around to see her running towards me, and I was amazed as she wrapped her arms tightly around me. "I thought you were gone," she sobbed, tears streaming down her face.

Why on earth did she believe that? What could Cain have told her to make her think I was dead?

The scent of alcohol and cigarettes clung to her, along with the same dress she wore the night before. This time, she was sober. I had an intense desire to embrace her, but a feeling inside me told me to remain motionless.

"I didn't know you missed me so much", I said, stepping back a step so I wouldn't feel her breasts pressed against me. "If I had known, I wouldn't have slept with someone else last night".

I was aware that those words might hurt her, but I said them without an ounce of guilt or shame. She stared at me, and her expression betrayed nothing.

"Will you have breakfast with me?", she asked.

I looked at her for a second, then burst out laughing.

"Have breakfast with you?", I asked, but she didn't give me any satisfaction and didn't get angry at all.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to me, but the sparkle on her bracelet caught my attention. She hadn't had it last night when we met.

"You only want to spend time with me because you didn't like his gift?" I questioned, my tone filled with mockery.

"Please, Blaze. I don't want to be alone", she begged, not fighting back my cruel words.

My gaze lingered on her, but I stayed quiet. Why was I acting so harshly towards her? All she wanted was to spend some time together.

"Why? Cain and his friends aren't funny enough?", I continued.

"They all went back to their rooms after last night's party", she replied.