36

She woke up the next morning feeling so sore between her legs, her whole body. She let her eyes fall open softly to the light filtering in through the window. The sheets were partly ripped off the bed, the duvet a crumple on the floor. She glanced up slightly, noticing the picture on the wall was crooked, leaning over the bed slightly to find the glass of water she had placed on the bedside table the morning before was now all over the floor, along with it, the bedside lamp, that had shattered on impact. She had been so drunk on his love last night she hadn't even realized how much damage they had done.

"Don't press on the pillows too hard-" she turned slightly. Looking at him beside her, his neck and upper torso covered in small red spots she wasn't sure were bites or hickeys, and a few scratches across his chest that had obviously come from her fingernails "They're being held together only by a few threads and any more pressure on the headboard might cause it to snap more" her eyes widened, pushing her chin up to look at the headboard, noticing it was a little more bent back than usual.

"We snapped the headboard?" She asked

"Yes, but I don't remember when" he muttered, running a hand through his hair and letting out a yawn like a child. "It was before we knocked over the bedside table and after I punched a hole in the wall, that's all I remember" her eyes widened slightly, leaning up over him in the bed and sure enough, sighting a fist-sized hole in the drywall next to the headboard on his side. She sighed, collapsing back onto the bed, glancing at her red raw wrists that looked like they had been bound by something rough, and her upper breasts which were covered in very noticeable bruises from his teeth and lips. A look at the roof from the corner of her eye caught her attention, drawing her full attention to it.

"Max"

"Hmm?" He responded, leaning into the covers and closing his eyes next to her.

"Did we have a food fight?" Max's eyes met her own, glancing at what she was seeing. The piece of bologna stuck to the roof.

"Wait, I remember-" he leaned up slightly "We went downstairs to make sandwiches, but looking for the bread you found a bottle of whiskey in the cupboard" she held the amused smile on his face "But, after the whiskey draws a blank"

"God, were adults aren't we? When did we start acting like love-crazed teenagers breaking furniture during sex and throwing lunchmeat?"

"As I said, after the whiskey" he responded, making her laugh. She leaned back next to him, holding his eyes as he leaned down slightly above her, pressing his lips against her baby bump "I hope we didn't hurt the little guy too much"

"It shouldn't, one night of alcohol at six months shouldn't do any harm"

"I was more talking about how my dick was probably repeatedly hitting it in the head the entire night" she huffed, pushing on his shoulder as he laughed. He leaned down, pressing his hands against the bump with his elbows against the bed.

"Daddy is home, for good this time, so don't you worry about Mommy" he assured the bump, making her smile, her heart warm in her chest. "Fuck, luckily I got Bunny to take Maxxy, god forbid the things the kid would have heard last night if I hadn't" she sighed happily, thanking whoever was up there for bringing her family back together again.

"Well, get up my wife-" she groaned, feeling as he got out of the bed, heading for the closet "We have a son to pick up" "Five more minutes" she grumbled, digging her head further into the pillow, leaning against her side on the partially ripped covers. After putting on a pair of pants and buttoning up his shirt, he walked from the closet to her peaceful naked body laying across her side of the bed. She felt when he leaned over her in the bed softly, pressing a kiss to her forehead after muttering a quick 'fine', making her smile.