Part 9

From: Kruno Matas 

To: Roko Jurcevic 

Destination: Remetinec prison, Zagreb, Croatia 

March 6th

Dear Roko! 

As I am writing you this letter, I am shaking of joy and excitement. When I first started writing letters to you, I never in a million years expected that you would start having the same feelings as me. I am also always thinking of you; having you in my life is my motivation for moving on with life. Counting on your love and support, I can deal with the things that take away my peace: My parents, my brother,my job, the people that surround me... 

Thank you for loving me back. I would do anything for you... And I want you to know that I will be waiting for you when you come out of prison. Then you will take your sons and we will leave this fucking country together and go live some place where there is nobody connected to our past. Where there's nobody who would want to hurt us for the sole fact of us being true to ourselves. 

Oh, and I am so glad that you solved everything with regards to the privacy of our letters. I was being so unwary when I wrote about my brother's business. He is still doing it; the other day, he brought some of his shit to our room. I guess he thinks now that I know about his business, I will also be supportive of it. Well I am not, he can fuck off and take it some place else. 

I really hope you won't get yourself in more trouble because of me. I felt so guilty when you told me how the prisoners started to treat you upon finding out about us. About the bitch of your wife... As much as I am happy that you two have finally divorced, I am furious because of how she denies you the opportunity to see your sons. That's why I came to see her the other day. I didn't speak to her or anything, I just observed her. 

And I have a surprise for you! I managed to take a few photos of Luka and Borna. I was thinking, if that bitch doesn't want you to see them in person, at least you will be able to see them on photos. I am sending them with this letter, hope they make it to you! 

Kruno