Part 22

From: Roko Jurcevic 

To: Kruno Matas 

Destination: Remetinec prison, Zagreb, Croatia 

July 8th 

Dear Kruno, 

Silvija is alive, you didn't kill her! Thank God! She was seriously injured, but she didn't die. She went through surgery and she is not in life danger anymore, but the impact from the car left her paralized from the waist below. She came to visit me today. Imagine my shock when I saw her in a wheelchair. Although by that point I had already been informed about her surviving the impact, I didn't know that she couldn't walk anymore. 

What also changed was her behavior.I was expecting her to put all the blame on me for what had happened to her. I expected her to say that I was the one who instructed you to run her over. But no. She was completely different. She told me she finally understood all the things that I had been saying to her while we had been married. She said she wasn't holding any grudges against me, or you. I think having a near death experience changed her in a way. She also said she would take better care of our kids from now on. She offered me her help for what I might need while in prison. I'm telling you, I was completely astonished by her sudden change of behavior. 

She will take the kids more often to see me, that's what she said. And I want to believe her. Also, she's single again. That young boy, her new boyfriend dumped her as soon as she got out of the hospital. So she's all by herself now. But I told her my mom would always be there to help her with everything. I kind of felt sorry for her. And I am so glad she didn't die. Can you imagine what could have happened to my sons with her gone and me in prison? 

I am not mad at you, because I know the reasons behind you doing what you did. In fact, I appreciate the commitment and fidelity, but I am so glad you failed in your attempt to kill her. 

I am so happy to have you in my life. And I made a right choice by marrying you. I love you so much. But please don't ever do anything as stupid as that. 

I can't say if I am happy or not that everything turned out this way. Because as sad as I am for you nearly killing Silvija and ending in jail, I am happy I will be seeing you more often now. About the prisoners here... I already informed the guys in here about you coming soon and told them I would not be nearly as pleasant if they try to harm you in any way. 

As weird as it may sound, but... I can't wait to see you close to me, finally! 

Your loving husband, 

Roko