32.Bhool Bhulaiya

A long chapter, may have typo errors and mistakes !

" Aap "?

"Kholo bhi...late ho raha hai...".

"aap...akele??".

"haan ..."

"Seedhi(ladder) aur pechkas hai?...humara pechkas(screw driver) doosre mistri(mechanic)ke pas reh gaya hai...usko aane me der lagega shayad...hai to de do......waise bhi aapke ghar se main poll bahut door hai..lamba taar kheechna padega...aur ek glass pani bhi chahiye.".The telephone operator of around 30 years said entering the room and getting engaged in his work with his tool box 

"sab dete hai...seedhi andar store room hai..bhari hai... khud le lijiye".Shehnaaz said giving him everything asked except ladder,little irritated of his authoritative and impolite way of the operator and indicated to the store room.

She was already in a very very bad mood today...for whatever happened between the sisters,she was the reason and she was the culprit actually and she knew that...and that made her more angry ,actually miserable on her current situation and her mind has actually stopped working sanely. She was  neither talking sense nor actine sane...she knew that too and that was getting more worse with every passing second as she talked to herself more ,engrossed in her own thoughts....only she had iota of intellect then ,she could have not trusted someone unknown at this odd hour when she was alone!

But she was relieved that finally her father's house will too have a handheld phone and she will be able to talk freely to Sidharth and whom so ever whenever required,also her family will be updated with advanced technology upgradation & fastly spreading gadget across the country .Though the phone connection will cost the family extra penny of their tight monthly limited budget..but she as a daughter was helping with the finances from her savings  which she has got in wedding and had paid the installation and first time connection fee from that money only..for which she did not felt bad as off now.

"bhalayi ka jamana hi nahi reh gaya hai...sach me kalyug hai...ek to kaam bhi karo upar se...".The technician said.

"Haan to kaam hai aapka...paise milte hai aapko apna kaam karne ke liye ..koi ehsan to nahi kar rahe na Phone laga kar...itna hai to apna sab saman le kar aana chahiye tha na...sarkar saman deti hai na aapko fir?".Shehnaaz also spoke back after resisting for some seconds...she was on fire mode now....some bug of rudeness has beaten her today & she thought that some one has possessed her.

The operator looked at her with a weird face and went outside and came back taking the wire inside and started drilling the wall ..the harsh sound of drilling irritated her and she closed her ears too tight and went upstairs to avoid the sound leaving the technician alone in the open house...thinking that the person is government official and theft/robbery/snatching was not common in her area..so she took it lightly and came down only when the sound went off...

After coming she saw the technician taking out the ladder from the store room and saw the things misplaced ,so she went inside the store room to arrange it again.

"Kya bhaiya...seedhi lene ke chakkar me aap humara sara aduari badi(lentil dumplings) kharab kar diye...sookha bhi nahi tha accha se...bhakk...aur ye achar ka sheeshi neeche kyon utar diye..kaam badha diya befaltu me hamara....utara hi tha to wapas bhi rakh dete...ab sab wapas rakhna padega...".She spoke making faces and got engrossed in taking out the lentil dumplings sticked on the muslin cloth and started keeping them in the dagra(bamboo platter)to dry them fully.

Sidharth loved those Urad & Masoor daal dumplings and so she had made them for her...alot of them actually.One thing she knew for sure that he loved her hand made food the most in his entire family...more than his mother also...and that gave her a very proud feeling and so cooking had become her favourite hobby & passion both now.