39.Mooh ka Maalpua

"Ye lijiye... kijiye...jor jor se".

"Jor Jor se...?".

Sidharth asked like a curious child as Shehnaaz forwarded him a big pot(Bhagauna) filled with milk,partly condensed milk,sugar,cardamom powder,saunf(fennel seeds),finely chopped Cashew nuts & almonds,green & yellow raisins,fine diced coconut powder,all purpose flour(maida),a little amount of rice flour and freshly made khoa/mawa which she has prepared just now....It was basically batter for making Malpua!

"Haan to ye Sunny deol ke jaisa Dhai kilo ka hath kis liye banaya hai".Shehnaaz spoke smiling in a teasing tone.

"Haha haa... Ye tumhara malpua ka batter mix karne ke liye to nahi hi banaya tha..".He chuckled sitting on the table after washing his hands properly.

"Accha to fir karne dijiye humko..help kar dein bol kar aap hi aaye the...ab kijiye...aapne hi hath hath karke jabardasti mana kiya hai humko ye milane se..kuch karne hi nahi de rahe..ye mat karo wo mat karo...stool par mat chadho..chot lagegi ye wo.......theek hai hath jabki humara abhi...ye jo kata tha wo to kab ka theek ho gaya...dekhiye".Shehnaaz said showing him her cut which was healed completely.

They were at her home in Darbhanga ..They had reached there in the evening after early morning checkup of Shehnaaz with the general physician as she was having fever in the morning also.....according to Doctor she was ok but lacked some important vitals and thus has to give her blood tests for various path test...after coming her home they did the holika dehen rituals and after dinner they were doing the pre preparations for Holi feast tomorrow...

Holi is not less than a mini wedding in Bihar and one of the extremely important festival after Diwali..infact all over India...and thus so much delicacies and food ..On the day of Holika Dahan various types of fritters are made along with mandatory kadhi pakoda & vada's as the ritual and they are thrown in the fire of holika..and the next day Holi is played and for non vegetarians mutton curry is a mandatory delicacy and for vegetarians kathal ka kofta or kele ka kofta is made generally with daal ki puri etc ...and yes Malpua is a must sweet dish in every home....so the gas stove is engaged the whole 2 days as the food keeps cooking and off course the house needs to be cleaned after the whole colors,water session.Holi is played like a certifiable madness and holi evenings are in contrast with the morning like super calm yet most engaging as people visit homes of neighbours and relatives as a custom savouring the delicacies made at home and catching up like never before ...and so they were up for It.

Shehnaaz was excited for the holi first time after her mother...the tickling feeling kept her reminding that it was her first holi with Sidharth..and she just kept anticipating in excitement for a change.

"Agreed...but ye wala hath abhi bhi halka jala hai na...and bhoolo mat you are on Paracetamol".He said mixing the batter with th ladle.

"Are Sidharth ye sab chhota mota laga hi rehta hai...itni chhoti chhoti chot par kaam chhor ke baith gaye to ho gaya..ab aa hi gaye hai to humare hone ka fayda hona chahiye na. ..warna Pooja se ktna kya hi ho pata...bad me to jaise taise kaam hi chalana hai bechari ko...to kyon na hum akr dein sab.. Holi to waise bhi khane aur khelne ka tyohar hai".She countered.

"Are jab se aayi ho kaam hi kiye ja rahi ho....rest le lo thoda sa...I will do this...main tumko kuch karne se mana nahi kar raha baba...I just want to help you both..".He had to help her anyhow...there was alot to do according to her for holi preparations and unlike his house there were no house help or servants 24*7 at her house.

He knew he was being over caring and over protective about her and it was just her tiredness may be...or was normal...as a human being keeps falling ill minimum thrice in a year which is good for health as our antibodies keeps active that way...so fever cold and cough are good once in a while and are good for healthy life....But still he was just being careful about her and that instinct came organically in him...nothing to do...it was what it was!