Chapter One-She's in THAT Camp?! Pt 2

After getting back up at the docks and drying off, Marinette heads to the campfire, where she and the rest of the campers are supposed to meet Chris. There, she sees Lucy. "Uh, is it okay if I sit here?" she asked. Lucy smiles and nods her head to her. Marinette smiled and sat down next to Lucy. Marinette then gets another macaroon out of the box and splits it in half for her and Lucy. "Marinette." "Mary-Loukritia. Lucy for short."

After a while, the rest of the campers came and sat down with the two while Chris talked, "This is Camp Wawanakwa. Your home for the next eight weeks. The campers sitting around you will be your cabin mates. Your competition. And maybe even your friends. You dig? The camper who manages to stay on Total Drama Island the longest without getting voted off will win one hundred thousand dollars!" 'Wait a minute, Total Drama Island? Voted off? One hundred thousand dollars? Isn't this supposed to be a summer camp or something?' Marinette thought, getting confused. She then snaps out of it as the punky-looking guy, who she believes is named Duncan, starts talking. "Excuse me, what will the sleeping arrangements be? Because I would like to request a bunk under one of those two," he said, motioning to Marinette and Lucy, which made them glance at each other, looking a bit uneasy. "They're not co-ed, are they?" asked Heather. "No, girls get one side of each cabin, and dudes get the other," Chris said, making Marinette and Lucy both relieved to hear that.

"Excuse me, Kyle? Can I have a cabin with a lake view since I'm the prettiest?" asked Lindsay. "Okay, you are, but that's not how it really works here. And it's Chris," said Chris.

"I have to live with Sadie, or I'll die." "And I'll break out in hives. It's true." 'I know I shouldn't think bad, but I hear worse lies from Lila/those people who got the greed and want for fame get the best of them.' Marinette and Lucy both thought to themselves while looking unamused. "This cannot be happening." Gwen lets out with sarcasm written all over the tone of her voice. "Come on, guys. It'll be fun." Owen said, trying to bring positivity to the campers while headlocking Tyler and Gwen. "It's like a big sleepover." "At least you don't have to sleep next to him," Tyler whispers to Gwen, motioning to Duncan as he gives the poor deer a headlock and a noogie.

"Here's the deal." Chris said, "We're gonna split you into two teams." 'Oh, goodie. This is like that fantasy book all over again.' Lucy thought with a hint of sarcasm, thinking that this would be like the fantasy book series she and her friends from home read back when they were in middle school. Chris continues, "If I call your name out, stand over there." With that, Chris starts calling the names of the campers. "Gwen, Trent, Heather, Cody, Lindsay, Beth, Katie, Owen, Leshawna, Justin, and Noah. From this moment on, you are officially known as the Screaming Gophers." Chris moves on to the second team. "The rest of you over here. Geoff, Bridgette, D.J, Tyler, Sadie, Izzy, Courtney, Ezekiel, Duncan, Eva, and Harold." As they head to the other side from the Screaming Gophers, Chris tells them what they're called. "You guys will be officially known as the Killer Bass."

"Wait, what about Marinette and Lucy?" Cody questions. "Well, since we can't decide which team the two will be in, we decided to let the two switch teams. Isn't that fun?" Chris said, "So for right now, they will be part of the Screaming Gophers." Cody sighs in relief hearing that.

"Alright, campers. You and your team will be on camera in all public areas during this competition."

CONFESSIONAL: CHRIS MCLEAN

"You'll also share your innermost thoughts on tape, with video diaries, anytime you want. Let the audience at home know what you're thinking. Or just get something off your chest."

CONFESSIONAL: MARY-LOUKRITIA CORLEONE

"Ciao, to all of my gattini back from home and over the world! I must say, this show you all have recommended me to be on is very impressive so far. Even though it's already getting its ups and downs, I believe I'm going to be just fine here in Wawanakwa."

CONFESSIONAL: MARINETTE DUPAIN-CHENG

"Okay. I don't really know what to say in this confessional. But I like to say, this is gonna be a good camping experience for me."

"Alright, any questions? Cool. Let's find your cabins."

With that, they headed over to the location where their cabins were so the campers could get settled.

"Gophers, you're in the east cabin, bass, you're in the west," Chris explains. When the Screaming Gophers got to their cabin, Heather looked as if she saw someone grow another head. "Bunk beds? Isn't this a little, summer camp?" she asked. "That's the idea, genius." Gwen said as she moved past Heather. Heather scoffs, "Shut it, weird goth girl."

'Oh great. And here I thought The Sides' rivalry was terrible enough. By the end of this show and season, Gwen and Heather are going to have a stronger rivalry than The Sides themselves.' Lucy thought, rolling her eyes as she unpacked. "Look, if you two are gonna start a rivalry, leave me out of the chaos. I already had enough drama in my life since my freshman year of high school," she said, with seriousness and venom in her tone. Heather and Gwen shivered from her venomous words. They know that Lucy is not someone to mess with, so they keep their mouths shut and start to unpack their things. "You're so smart. I feel that." Lucy turned to see Cody. "Shouldn't you be on the boy's side?" Gwen asked.

After that, Gwen threw Cody out of the girl's side of the cabin. That was until Lindsay then asked another question. "Where are the outlets? I have to plug in my straightening iron." "There are some in the communal bathrooms, just across the way," Chris explained. "Communal bathrooms? But I'm not Catholic." "Not communion. Communal." "It means we shower together, Lindsay. But I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like those shower rooms from the horror book and movie versions of Stephanie Queen's Clara. There's a difference." Lucy explained, telling Lindsay what communal means. "Oh, okay," Lindsay said, now understanding what Lucy meant about the communal bathrooms.

Then Geoff started talking to Chris. "Excuse me, Chris. Is there a chaperone of any kind in this facility?" "You're all sixteen years old," Chris said. "As old as a counselor in training at a regular summer camp. So, other than myself, you'll be unsupervised. You've got half an hour to unpack and meet me back at the main lodge. Starting now." "Nice," said Geoff.

Suddenly, a scream was heard loud and clear outside of the cabin. The teens looked to see it was Lindsay, who was getting away from the cockroach. D.J. screamed as well as they all saw the roach, then leaped on a bed in fear and broke it. "That was my bed," Gwen said, looking unamused.

The roach continues to crawl, and the campers are screaming in fear and avoiding the cockroach. Then, Duncan holds an axe, ready to decapitate it. Until Marinette stops him, has the roach in her fingers, and takes it outside. "There. No cockroaches in my cabin," she said. Marinette then heads back to the cabin, where everyone looks surprised. "My uncle dealt with bugs like cockroaches back then," she explained. She continues unpacking. "Nice," Lucy said as she and Marinette fist-pound.

After that, they went to the main lodge. Marinette and Lucy thanked the man, Chef for the food he made and gave them, and they walked to sit down with the Gophers. After a little while,

Chris enters. "Welcome to the main lodge," he said. "Yo, my man. Can we order a pizza?" Geoff asked. That was until Chef tosses a cooking knife that barely misses Chris on the left and to Marinette's right. Everyone became scared of that. Everyone except Chris, Marinette, and Lucy. "Whoa! It's cool, G! Brown slop is cool! Right guys?" The campers agreed in fear. Chris then continues, "Your first challenge begins in one hour."

"What do you think they'll make us do?" Katie asked. "It's our first challenge." said D.J. "How hard can it be?"

"Whoa," said Lucy. When the challenge came, everyone was now in their swimwear, on a thousand-foot cliff, seeing that this was their first challenge.

"Non l'ho visto arrivare, eh?"

"Nope. Did not see that coming."

Edited in: Saturday, March 16, 2024.