Chapter 2-Too Bad the Sandman Isn't Here (The Big Sleep)

It was just another ordinary morning like any other for the campers in Camp Wawanawkwa.

Where they are all in their cabins, still asleep in their little dreams. However, when they hear the sound of an air horn going off in front of a megaphone, startling them all awake. All but two girls, Lucy and Marinette. As the two woke up, Lucy stretched her arms and lets out a yawn like a kitten would after taking a nap. Marinette gets up and stretches her arms and legs out.

After they both got dressed and walked out of their side of the cabin, they looked to see everyone was already outside. "Glad you two can join us, girls," Chris said. He then continues talking to the rest of the still, tired campers. "Okay, now that everyone's here, I hope you're all ready because your next challenge begins in exactly one minute." "Oh, excuse me, I don't know if that's enough time to eat breakfast," said Owen. "Oh, you'll get breakfast, Owen." Chris said, "Right after you complete your twenty-kilometer run, around the lake."

"Oh, so you're funny now?" Eva questioned, not liking Chris's motives, and started marching towards him with her left hand formed into a fist, ready to punch a man to a bloody pulp. "You know what I think would be funny-" Before Eva can do anything, she is pulled back by Geoff and Duncan. "Eva, try to control your temper?" Courtney whispered to her. Eva then turns to Chris again. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" she asked. "A little." Chris admits. "You have thirty seconds."

CONFESSIONAL: COURTNEY

"Okay, that girl, Eva, has got to get a handle on her temper. She's only been here one day, and she's already thrown her suitcase out a window and broken the lock on one of the bathroom doors."

After that, they already started to prepare for their kilometer run. "Okay, runners! On your marks, get set, go!" with that, they all started running. All but Marinette and Lucy.

CONFESSIONAL: LUCY

"Nettie and I were a bit suspicious about us awake so early and are told to do a run around a lake."

CONFESSIONAL: MARINETTE

"As a result, Lucy and I decided to walk instead. That way, we can see what this challenge really is."

As Marinette and Lucy walked around the lake, Harold started to break the ice, asking one question. "Do you know how much longer?" he asked. "Not sure. But you have to admit, it is nice to head out and get some fresh air every now and then," said Marinette. "Still true." Lucy added.

"Pick it up, people!" Chris said in a megaphone. "If you're not back by dinnertime, you don't eat!" After a while of walking, they made it back to the main lodge. And Owen slams the door open. "Clear a table, stat!" he exclaimed. As Lucy and Marinette walked to their table, Gwen started to talk, "Hey, wait a minute, if they lost, that means we won the challenge." she said. As most of the Screaming Gophers cheer for their victory, Chris stops them. "Whoa there! Hold your horses, guys. That wasn't the challenge." he said. "What did you just say?" asked Gwen.

"Who's hungry?" there, they all see a table full of home-cooked food.

CONFESSIONAL: GWEN

"After a whole week of brown sludge, I almost cried when I saw that buffet."

CONFESSIONAL: MARINETTE

"I must admit, the buffet table looked amazing. However, since there were still suspicions about the running and the buffet, I decided to stick with something light. Such as a bread roll and maybe some of the salad."