Chapter One-She's in THAT Camp?! Pt 3

"Okay, today's challenge is threefold. Your first task is to jump off this one-thousand-foot-high cliff into the lake." Chris said, explaining the challenge tasks to the campers. "If you look down, you will see two target areas." They all looked to see the two target areas Chris was talking about. "The wider area represents the part of the lake that we have stocked with psychotic man-eating sharks." Marinette gulps, as she already noticed the sharks. Chris continues, "Inside that area is a safe zone. That's your target area. Which we're pretty sure is shark-free." "Excuse me?" said Leshawna. "For each member of your team that jumps and actually survives, there will be a crate of supplies waiting below. Inside each crate are supplies that you'll need for the second part of the challenge. Building a hot tub. The team with the best one gets to have a wicked hot tub party tonight. The losers will be sending someone home." After explaining their first challenge, Chris starts the challenge. "Let's see. Killer Bass, you're up first."

"So, who wants to go first?" Bridgette asked. The rest of the Killer Bass team were silent, not volunteering to be the first to take the first dive down from the cliff to the safe zone. The Screaming Gophers were even quiet. The atmosphere felt like a person could cut it easily with a plastic butter knife. That was until Owen breaks the ice, trying to lighten the mood. "Hey, don't sweat it, guys. I heard that these shows always make the interns do the stunt first to make sure it's survivable," he said. Marinette and Lucy smiled. "Owen's right, guys. I'm sure they did test it out. After all, the last thing this place needs is a lawsuit." Marinette said encouragingly. Lucy nods in agreement, "Yeah, and I'll be darned if that happens." Lucy said with confidence already running in her veins. After agreeing that this was tested before they arrived, the Killer Bass continued, trying to figure out who was jumping first. "So, who's up?" asked Eva. "Ladies first," said Duncan. "Fine. I'll go." Bridgette said. "You got this, Bridgette," Lucy said. Marinette nods in agreement. "No regrets!" Bridgette smiles.

After that, she says as she prepares to dive, "It's no big deal. It's just an insane cliff dive into a circle of angry sharks." As she jumped, she made it safely into the Safe Zone. The campers were happy seeing that she made it into the Safe Zone. "She did it!" said Tyler. "Yeah! I'm next!" With that, Tyler jumps next, letting out a 'Cowabunga' until he lands on a buoy. Bridgette winced the pain she had witnessed, while Tyler groaned in pain, yet he was still in the Safe Zone.

Geoff jumps off the cliff after Tyler. Eva was next, letting out a 'Lookout below!', and then Duncan, who was crossing his arms, not looking amused. It was D.J.'s turn, however, "Uh-uh. No way, man. I'm not jumping." "Scared of heights?" asked Chris. "Yeah. Ever since I was a kid." said D.J. "That's okay, big guy. Unfortunately, that also makes you a chicken. So, you'll have to wear this for the rest of the day." Chris explained, putting a chicken hat on D.J.'s head. "Oh, man. For real?" said D.J. After balking like an actual chicken, "That means the chicken path down is that way." Chris said, pointing to an escalator that was surprisingly there at the cliff. As D.J. walks to the escalator, Marinette stops him, saying, "It's okay, D.J. There's no shame about not doing it due to a fear of heights." D.J. smiled. "Thanks, Marinette." he said.

After D.J. went to the Chicken Path, Ezekiel was next. He jumps until he bumps into a rock on the cliff, spinning in circles, and makes it safely into the Safe Zone. The Killer Bass, who jumped off, cheered while Ezekiel gave a thumbs up. Harold was next. He jumped until he landed in the Safe Zone on his crotch, which caused him to scream in pain, which made everyone, including the sharks, wince the pain he was now in.

"Oh, hate to see that happen," said Chris. "Excuse me, Chris. I have a medical condition." Courtney announced to him. "What condition?" "A condition that prevents me from jumping off cliffs." "You can chicken out if you want. But it might end up costing your team the win. And they will hate you." Chris said, pointing out what would happen if Courtney chickened out. "It's a calculated risk. I've seen the other team, and I don't think any of them will jump." "Alright, here's your chicken hat," Chris said, putting the chicken hat on Courtney's head. After that, he looks at his clipboard, tallying up the results. "That's eight jumpers and two chickens. We're missing one."